Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more
Ok, deleted half the model and applied symmetry, worked like a charm Smile.

what files do I need for it to work in warband?

EDIT: nvm

managed to get it ingame Big GrinDD, doesn't look to bad, getting some weird shadows cast on it, and the edges seems to be low res :/ (pixelly and stuff).

Thanks guys Smile

Also sorry for hyjacking your thread ryu Tongue

Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
Kriegstofu: Thanks but i also like eastern katana's shape right now Smile.

(01-05-2012, 07:17 PM)Senni link Wrote: Ok, deleted half the model and applied symmetry, worked like a charm Smile.

what files do I need for it to work in warband?

EDIT: nvm

managed to get it ingame Big GrinDD, doesn't look to bad, getting some weird shadows cast on it, and the edges seems to be low res :/ (pixelly and stuff).

Thanks guys Smile

Also sorry for hyjacking your thread ryu Tongue

Sorry for late answer i was a bit busy. What you mentioned about some parts of your model isnt showing is probably related with normal directions of your mesh as i told before. Your vertexs(or faces)' normal directions must look outside of your model, not inside. If its looking inside you wont see those faces. You can try to invert their directions or fix them manually i guess if you get the same problem again Smile.

For static meshes .obj export is good. For textures you must use .dds format(dont forget to check "creating mipmaps" option).

For "future" heads-up since i guess this is not the case here; pixelation can be because of normal map (if you have one and if its compressed). When converting your normal map into dds format, leave it uncompressed. It will use more memory but will look way smoother.

No problem Senni, actually i like talking about modelling here, feel free to ask more questions if you wish. And i like your model, it looks good, congrats Smile.

-PS. Added some new models.
Attack of the smileys! Beware!
Thanks, that inverse things been bugging me for ages, had to use the double faces thing (backfaces maybe?).

:o uncompressed normal, I'll see what happens, thanks Smile.

PS: Love the new models, traps and bombs!

Also theres something I've always wondered, is the extra detail, like the swirls, in the texture? or mesh and texture?

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
Thanks. If i understand it right; general shape is in mesh while patterns on it in texture and normal map mostly.
Ah, nice, how do you make the normal map to include things like that?

I just take the specular and use gimps a filter from gimp to turn it into a normal map :o

EDIT:Made two more models since, and updated first a bit Tongue, thought you might want to see Big Grin.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
Nice models and textures Senni Smile.

You can make those by sculpting a highpoly mesh and bake normals from that into the lowpoly mesh which you're going to use in warband. Or maybe you can use a black and white symbol-pattern and create a normal map from that and merge this with your normal map.

Also i suggest you to take screnshots of your model in warband since it looks better than openbrf(sometimes normal maps dont work). Also dont forget to make shader quality high ingame options.
Yh I tried to take screenies ingame, but forgot I wasn't using the steam version Tongue (already closed it before I realised, didn't want to load it up again xD).
Hmm, white black symbol pattern is tempting, I'll give it a go Big Grin.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
Remodelled my original model, got all the way to openbrf, and this happened:

Not sure whats happened, or how to fix it, as soon as I turn on textures, it becomes 'stringy' Sad

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
Its probably because of the normal map (or maybe not Big Grin ). Try to turn off "bump map" on the model to check that. That can happen if you are using uncompressed normal map as i mentioned before. Thats why i told you to take ss in-game since uncompressed normal maps works there Smile.
I managed to fix it, guess I forgot to update post Tongue.

I was using compressed everything there, it was caused by a buggy export, for some reason if I don't export the material the model has in 3dsmax (plain grey), that happens when I try to apply one in openbrf :/.

Thanks anyway Smile

EDIT: Still getting those black lines at the texture seams Sad. I don't think I'm don't the spec or normal map properly :o.

Tried reducing the number of seams, but Sad.

EDIT2: pretty sure its the bump map, but when I leave it uncompressed, it doesn't do anything ingame. D:

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.