Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more
That's an excellent brief tutorial there Ryu, and you knock yourself far too hard for what you have created. To contrast, I shall post images of what I have created, and it will likely tell you the reason I asked you for help.

You have created some fantastic looking models, there is no doubt about that and your work is some of the most detailed I have seen, even throughout the taleworlds forums.

They're not bad, but they're not amazing like yours so clearly are. I have looked at your models and their textures, yours are so much cleaner than mine are. (And they have bump maps which I'm still struggling to create effectively)

Maybe I am going wrong by using Wings 3D, it's just so much simpler to use than Blender I found, and it might not do all these fancy things, but it's a nice program to learn with I have found.

I will keep at it, and maybe I will end up with something as great as yours, worthy to present to the developers and go "oi, I made this shiny thing, add it."
Having your work shown off in a mod is always a great achievement and congratulations for getting there, and still having the modesty and want to improve, to say "I lack talent, I can do better".

Thanks again for that tutorial, I have been reading around, but that explains the basic process much clearer than anywhere else has!
[Image: GuardTennenothSig-2hat-2.png]

Add the straw hat as a usable item. I feel naked without it!
Add back Nordic armour! I have nowhere warm to sleep now!
Avatar courtesy of Tomas of Miles.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - by Tennenoth - 17-04-2012, 03:12 AM
Retexturing - by Ryu - 23-07-2012, 02:54 PM