Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Decreased Running Speed
I'm wondering how you guys are cooping with not being able to easily out run the AI. I've seen plenty of snipers running around in nothing but a helmet, which is upsetting because I thought that archers were supposed to have speed and crossbowmen have range and power. I would also love to know how your supposed to check the weight of an item.
I'm crying in a corner, huddled in the fetal position. I believe you can check the weight of an item by going into items.txt (found in NordInvasion folder). Aside from that you can check via Singleplayer. The words are invisible but it's still there.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
you can check the weight of an item in game, you need to press esc then go to choose equipment and then you can check the weight of the items you are currently wearing.
Archers have shooting speed not running speed.
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]
Did I miss something? It appears I still have 8 athletics as I did pre-patch by just being a Heavy Infantryman on top...

I can still happily outrun every enemy other than Berserkers. I guess I haven't been a Sniper only without extra classes for a little while so I don't know what it's like but I'm sure it's not that bad. 6 athletics isn't bad!

Although I have just thought that due to the way that the equipment works is that for some reason, Sniper armour may be heavier than Heavy Infantry because it's less protection despite it being better quality and higher priced. I guess I should check that to see if there is fact behind that speculation of mine.
[Image: GuardTennenothSig-2hat-2.png]

Add the straw hat as a usable item. I feel naked without it!
Add back Nordic armour! I have nowhere warm to sleep now!
Avatar courtesy of Tomas of Miles.
(06-04-2012, 10:42 AM)Birdtalon link Wrote:Archers have shooting speed not running speed.

Archers have been nerfed really bad this patch. Not only the ''run speed'' but also the accuracy which makes it very hard to headshot and overall to aim properly and the speed is useless really all it does it comsume your arrows faster and give you a false sense of hope that you can kill the bot before it comes and kicks your arse.  I hope they look into it and make it better because it's not fun at all, if not then RIP Snipers. Or you can come here and bash me and say stupid things like ''it's not supposed to be easy'' or you can actually get on your sniper and compare how it was before and how horrible and how not enjoyable playing a Sniper after this patch really is.
I don't have a sniper character do I can only go from what I am hearing from people and what I see in game.

Prepatch I see snipers kiting and getting headshot will every arrow. Now I see snipers having to actually work with infantry and not getting every single kill.
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]
As a sniper I can say that I am able to get a headshot quite easily with almost every shot, although the damage has been nurfed a little.

It is quite nice not being op any more, as today we were able to get past tricksters on mountain pass using a lot of teamwork, and relying on others to do their part.
(06-04-2012, 04:10 PM)Jeremiah The 12th link Wrote:As a sniper I can say that I am able to get a headshot quite easily with almost every shot, although the damage has been nurfed a little.

It is quite nice not being op any more, as today we were able to get past tricksters on mountain pass using a lot of teamwork, and relying on others to do their part.

Yeah, the accuracy isn't bad, but from my workings it appears that since the Fiendish bow has the lowest difficulty requirement (of 3) it is more accurate that the other bows. I will upload some screenshots shortly for comparison between the War Bow (4), Sharpshooter Bow (4) and the Fiendish (3).
[Image: GuardTennenothSig-2hat-2.png]

Add the straw hat as a usable item. I feel naked without it!
Add back Nordic armour! I have nowhere warm to sleep now!
Avatar courtesy of Tomas of Miles.
What about the hurricane bow?