Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Ransomware
First of all "hey! Big Grin" to everyone who renembers me, I have been gone for quite a while.
The reason I am posting here is because I renember that many people with computer knowledge used to be in these forums.

Now my brother (he has windows7) walked into the ransomware trap (telling him that several police departments know he downloaded illegal stuff and has to pay money to get his pc unlocked), everyone who doesnt know what I mean should not keep on reading because Im looking for someone who could help me.
The virus that took over his pc however is not destroyable by the usual "start safe mode, open registry and make virus useless so you can delete it via antivir programs" way.
When I start safe mode the virus shuts it down and starts the usual explorer which is infected. Therefore I cant do anything against it (task manager also blocked).
I could call for someone to fix it but that would cost money and I would rather try it without paying.

So any ideas or suggestions?
My steam account: Dragz 

Loots:
27/08/15 Royal Winged Helmet
24/10/15 Durendal

[Image: taker-brock-laugh.gif?08bce4]
you mean without re-installing windows 7 ? That looks pretty deep.Try rebooting in dos prompt by pressing f8 when rebooting and get your startup cleaned up (files used in the msconfig) also delete i-explore using command prompts.
Wusel @ Omnia
Every option when rebooting + f8 seems to be affected by this new generation of the virus.
Seems like I have to reinstall windows  Sad

Loots:
24/10/15 Durendal

I assume you've tried google?

http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/labs_glob...ransomware

I have always found hitman pro's free trial to be rather useful in these situations as well. Use it alongside malware bytes and you should be sweet after following the steps in the above thread ^
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
Thanks for the replies. We ended up hiring someone to fix it and even he had some problems with it.
Seems to be indeed a newer virus generation.

(Yea I checked almost everything google had to offer but I couldnt really access anything so I didnt even
get to use an kind of antimaleware sofware)

Locking.

Loots:
24/10/15 Durendal