Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Best hybrid
So, with the nice free respec, I was able to go to commando and am working my way to more class points.

With the new stats, what a good combo class to have with infantry?  Skirm gets poleaxe and athletics, crossbow gets shield, archer gets 1h.  What complements us the best?
House Thalheimer: Galen (Legionnaire), Wilhelm (Warden), Johann (Chosen Marksmen), Friedrich (Master Peltast) [Engineers]
Crafting: Blacksmith Max, Armorsmith Max, Alchemy Max, Support 22, Defender 14
NI House: The Order of Scarlet Blade Scarlet Knights
NI Banners - NI Banner Prototypes

i have commando and skirmisher tier 2 and these are my stats, really awesome:

Strength: 30
Agility: 30
Class Points:0
One handed160
Two handed170
Polearm140
Archery20
Crossbow20
Throwing95
Power draw1
Power throw3
Power strike7
Ironflesh6
Riding1
Athletics9
Really high athletics, and alot of power strike so you can strike hard and fast, and overall a really good class Smile
Stats with Commando + Crossbowman + Militia Stats updated for 0.4.2
One handed200
Two handed170
Polearm110
Archery20
Crossbow80
Throwing55
Power draw1
Power throw2
Power strike8
Ironflesh6
Riding1
Athletics7
Shield8

Reasoning is that this build yields the highest shielding stat.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
Stats with 1/1/0/4
One handed100
Two handed95
Polearm170
Archery75
Crossbow20
Throwing190
Power draw2
Power throw6
Power strike6
Ironflesh6
Riding1
Athletics10
Shield5

Moving to 0/4/0/2 in 1 more lvl when I hit 52, and can afford respec.

Went 0/4/1/1 as well cos it's much better for commando Wink Stats in post above me.
The Nords are coming; we are waiting.
--------------Vlka Fenryka<----------------
Tried finding the best stat-wise combination, this is what I got:
t3 inf, t3 skirm, t1 xbow:
(didnt calculate all stats, just the ones I was interested in improving, being infantry-oriented)

One handed: 145
Two handed: 145
Polearm: 160

Ironflesh: 7
Powerstrike: 8
Athletics: 9
Shield: 7

So... if you can spare the t4 gear of the different classes, this hybrid provides you with alot of powerstrike and 9athletics. At the same time, you're good enough with a shield to stand in a shieldwall.
Legendaries are mostly available to t3-classes, so this would allow access to both infantry and skirmisher legendaries (if my theory holds after updates)
I'm currently a Sharpshooter, but I'm working on Sharpshooter/Heavy Infantry.
Stats- to- be:

One Handed: 170
Two Handed: 120
Polearm: 45
Ironflesh: 6
Powerstrike: 7
Athletics: 6
Shield: 6
And crossbow; basically perfect aim, too lazy to check that

So, I think it will be pretty sweet.
Don't say ANYTHING.
What, do you expect a speech?
I think an infantry build without T4 inf would be okay if you could use Swadian Kite Shield at sergeant. Its stats are comparable to the store-bought commando shields, with 1050 HP vs the  store-bought shield's HP of 1000, though the resistance is 20 vs 35 (but if you could use it at T3 that would more than make up for it). Otherwise, having a hybrid build of T3/T3 is not worth it due to the inability to access higher tier armors. Survivability, I believe, would be too greatly affected. I suppose it is viable if you are willing to use banded mail armor (55/24), only slightly lower compared with the store-bought T4 armor (60/25). But you also would be unable to equip the dreaded war pick. Still, a commando with the high-end Transitional Armor (70/31), though, would be vastly superior in terms of toughness but that is to be expected.

All in all, you would suffer from the same problems inherent in any hybrid build -- not being the best at any one thing. With this build though, you would be more versatile in a shield line (only slightly worse than a 0/4/1/1 character in terms of shielding, though keep in mind your shield itself will be weaker) and capable of picking up a good pole-arm for overhead swings if there are other shield-bearers to take your place. For this reason, I am a strong advocate of the 0/4/1/1 build. It is my belief that commandos should maximize their shielding capabilities, as shielding is an important role for success at high waves.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
True that, though I am not looking for a class who's meant for standing in a shieldwall all day long - but rather for one who can draw bots off, take 1 hit from any given weapon (like a headshot from xbow/ranger) and survive to shrine/soup it back up again. You might say I prefer solo or duo-play Smile (athletics is needed here)
(08-04-2012, 12:22 AM)clickeverywhere link Wrote:Stats with Commando + Crossbowman + Militia
One handed170
Two handed170
Polearm110
Archery20
Crossbow60
Throwing55
Power draw1
Power throw2
Power strike8
Ironflesh6
Riding1
Athletics7
Shield8

Reasoning is that this build yields the highest shielding stat.

I like this build also as the power strike is pretty buff.
Agreed -- not as good swing speed (proficiency) as going 2x crossbowman, nor as good athletics as going 2x skirmisher, but the combination of shield and power strike is pretty hard to argue against.
Main Characters: Lanseril (L.52 Sniper), Grundus (L.52 Pikeman), Eledwyn (L.49 Commando), Rutgard (L.52 Sharpshooter)

Does your house dare to face the Prince? Take Vlka Fenryka's Dominate the Prince! challenge.