Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Legacy
Just curious as to why it's restricted to my Zweihander only?

I have both Royal Guard and Zweihander and I play both, but do I really have to buy a new 2h weapon just for my royal guard.. seems a bit immoral seeming as every other 2h weapon is not restricted.

Any chance of changing this please developers?
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015
Is it really "immoral" though? hehe

I like the restriction. Adds variance and gives something nice to the hero class. Could do with a small buff (1 or 2 damage) to make it a little more special. Or not, the stats are already pretty good.
Bossculeur - 52 Royal Guard
Fafnir - 52 Marauder
Here's the Legacy's stats compared to some other legendary 2 handers:

Legacy:
Weight: 2.75
Speed Rating: 94
Weapon Reach: 145
Swing Damage: 63c
Thrust Damage: 43p

Volundr:
Speed Rating: 95
Weapon Reach: 139
Swing Damage: 62c
Thrust Damage: 42p

And Durendal:
Speed Rating: 97
Weapon Reach: 134
Swing Damage: 64c
Thrust Damage: 44p

It has a bit more damage than the VGS, a bit less than Durendal, and has superior length, second only to the AGS, at 154. Combined with the fact that it is a Ragnar drop, instead of a Thor or Odin one, makes this weapon pretty well balanced with the competition, in my opinion.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Erm, I dont want a buff, I want to be able to use it on all my commando classes. It's stupid.
Legendary Drops:
Legacy - April 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Ragnar drops are stupid, a look at Tjav's head would tell you that. hell prince has dropped better things than this "king". just sell it someone and leave out the zwei only part im sure someone's gullible enough
I think its perfectly fine the way it is. 
3 legendaries:
legacy
White Winged helmet 
Dragon Axe
(24-03-2014, 05:37 AM)Darkfire link Wrote: I think its perfectly fine the way it is. 

Because you only have a Zwei.

(24-03-2014, 05:20 AM)madjosh link Wrote: Ragnar drops are stupid, a look at Tjav's head would tell you that. hell prince has dropped better things than this "king". just sell it someone and leave out the zwei only part im sure someone's gullible enough

Yeah, sold it, can't use it on both Royal Guard and Zweihander, pointless weapon for me.
Legendary Drops:
Legacy - April 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
(24-03-2014, 03:44 AM)Slayer link Wrote: Erm, I dont want a buff, I want to be able to use it on all my commando classes. It's stupid.

Not really. Only RGs can use aegis. Only master peltasts can use rupturers. I don't know why the idea of class restrictions is so preposterous to you.

(24-03-2014, 07:34 AM)Slayer link Wrote: [quote author=Darkfire link=topic=24538.msg171430#msg171430 date=1395639477]
I think its perfectly fine the way it is. 

Because you only have a Zwei.

[/quote]

When he dropped it he didn't have one. He made a zweihander in order to use the weapon.
Bossculeur - 52 Royal Guard
Fafnir - 52 Marauder
(24-03-2014, 01:59 PM)bossculeur link Wrote: When he dropped it he didn't have one. He made a zweihander in order to use the weapon.

Haha, I remember that!  Good ol' FishTank, it was a pain leveling him up, but well worth it in the end. 

Anyways, as far as the topic goes, if this is the case then I want my Thanos Legacy to be usable by all Pikemen, my Elmwood Arrows to be for plain Sniper so all of the non-hero classes in my house can use it, Very Heavy Throwing Axes to lose their hero requirements, my Aegis (that is about to be crafted) to be usable by all, Black Armor to be usable on my other Crossbowmen (I don't have this item... *yet*), the Bidenhander and Forlorn Hope to be Commando weapons, my White Winged Helmet and Dragon Helmet to be usable by all Commandos, that fancy spandex Ranger armor to be for all of the archers, and, and ,and, and, and everything else.

No.  Stuff is hero locked for a reason.  It is better than the average of its type and is locked to the best of its class.  I'll admit Elmwood Arrows and VHTA are not a good example since they are locked to all three (or four... silly Legionnaire) hero types, but the general idea is the same.

(24-03-2014, 01:42 AM)Maroon link Wrote: It has a bit more damage than the VGS, a bit less than Durendal, and has superior length, second only to the AGS, at 154. Combined with the fact that it is a Ragnar drop, instead of a Thor or Odin one, makes this weapon pretty well balanced with the competition, in my opinion.

To be clear, I'm not saying I have it worse than you or actually complaining.  I also don't want someone to say "blah blah you have all of the hero classes you argument is invalid."  The fact is I lend out all of these items in a house armory and I can say there are plenty of hero locked items that people still want to use.  I'm saying that the hero locking is no different than the character class locking - you wouldn't expect a Sergeant to be able to equip a Stone Maul, would you? 

Enjoy your drop, from what I hear you got a free Naval Glaive and Fiendish Bow out of it, so apparently someone wanted it despite it being "immoral."
Winter has said everything that needs to be said on this topic. Each hero class is meant to have items specific to that class and more items will be added soon enough that, yet again, will be specific to certain classes. Just because you're greedy does not mean we're going to allow every class to use every weapon :S

Also, what on earth has morality got to do with weapon restrictions???
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus