Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Concept: Loot Skill
Inspired by this post by Sobel: http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...788.0.html

Please thoroughly examine and understand the ideas being put forth in this post before even considering making a response. I don't want to read a bunch of posts that miss the point of this post, or a bunch of posts that misconstrue what I am saying.

Anyway guys, it's me again. After reading the post by Sobel, I thought of an idea that I thought could be used. As we already know, people have been complaining about the loot system and who the loot goes to. It's a bit impossible for the game to determine who "deserves" to get a drop, but determining who shouldn't get a drop could work. Looting as a skill can help solve some of the problems people have with the current loot system. I haven't considered all the possible repercussions or pitfalls of this system I am proposing (you guys will do that for me), but please hear me out.

How will loot skill work?
As players advance in levels, they will automatically gain a set increase in loot skill (independent of class). Characters of the same level will have the same loot skill regardless of class/class combination. Each level of loot skill increases the chances of a drop favoring you by 0.5%. Every 10 levels, you will gain 1 loot skill plus an additional 1 at level 52. Every tier of support class you have, you will gain 1 loot skill for a maximum of 10 points into looting at max level/support tier.

What will loot skill do?
It will help to determine who can and will get high value drops. For example: you do a normal run. The surviving players are a level 52 with 10 loot skill, two level 39s with 5 loot skill, and a level 1 with 0 loot skill when prince is killed. A legendary drops. In the current system, all four of the players have the same chance of getting it. With loot skill implemented, the game will favor the level 52 player by 2.5% over the level 39. The level 39 will have 0% loot chance over the other level 39.

Skill Tiers:

3 Loot Skill required to loot a legendary on Normal.
5 Loot Skill required to loot a legendary on Hard.
7 Loot Skill required to loot a legendary on Ragnarok.
I have chosen these numbers because they correspond to the level required for the mode and support tier that is possible. Hopefully, this will encourage players to bring more than a deployable shield to Ragnarok mode... ... ... (yes, this has happened!)

End Notes:
Anyway, tell me what you guys think! I think a system in which those who can contribute more can receive greater possible rewards is a fairer system than the current one. Enforced equality is not fairness. I understand that even low levels can be helpful, but I severely doubt that a level 1 contributes more in a normal run than a level 39 with tier 3 support (in most cases). No system is without its flaws and there will always be fringe cases that go contrary to what the system is based on. If you're in a Ragnarok run and can't even bring in decent support items, then you should be content with the massive boost in experience you are getting.

The main issue I see with this system is the difficulty of implementation, but I'll leave that up to someone who knows the inner workings of the Warband/NI engine to comment on.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
That's excactly what I was up forWink
But I think the skill requirement for Ragnarok should be 8 or 9.

Anyway...very nice ideaWink
Characters:
Captain_Sobel---Master Peltast LVL 52
Captain_Sobel_IV---Commando LVL 49
Captain_Sobel_VII---Man At Arms LVL 36
Captain_Sobel_X---Sniper LVL 42

Prince: /
Ragnar: 1
Odin: 1
and heros get +1 loot skill?
FF_Skywalker- Marauder
FF_Skywallker- Warden
FF_Skywalllker- Zweihänder
I like this but this would just promote sniper spam on EU servers because thats the only hero/high level they play as.
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015
Pretty cool idea

The only flaw I see is that a veteran player on a new character would have 0 loot skill, which i don't think should happen (don't want to discourage multiple accounts)

The changes I would therefore suggest:
Attach loot skill to Character ID, not individual characters
Make loot skill governed by highest level character

You could even go into more detail about exactly how much loot skill alternate accounts have with something like this instead:
Highest Character loot skill (Bonus loot skill to alternate accounts - cannot exceed maximum of 10 points)
5 (+2)
8 (+3)
10 (+5)

I just feel that players with alternate accounts should not be penalised if they are veteran enough - so I could for example join a server on my lvl 40 pikeman and not have to worry about losing loot I could have gotten on my lvl 52 commando. Otherwise people would only join on their highest lvl character, even when it is not appropriate (there may be too many of a certain class in the server already).
VLKA_Tee - Sharpshooter
VLKA_Tea - Royal Guard
VLKA_TeeHee - Master Peltast
VLKA_Killboy - Warden
To stop from discouraging new characters as the above replies state, you could make it so the drop percentage between levels differ from Legendaries, high drops, medium drops, and shitty green drops.
sry but it wont sort anything ,
lv and equipment doesn't  always mean that player is  deserving drop . This system would mean that no low level would ever get worthy drop if even  one 52 character  was on the server , no matter if he contributes or not.
at current state its a bad idea imo
AMOR PATRIAE NOSTRA LEX
(17-12-2013, 07:42 AM)Sudoku_killer link Wrote:sry but it wont sort anything ,
lv and equipment doesn't  always mean that player is  deserving drop . This system would mean that no low level would ever get worthy drop if even  one 52 character  was on the server , no matter if he contributes or not.

I agree.
Wusel @ Omnia
(17-12-2013, 07:42 AM)Sudoku_killer link Wrote:sry but it wont sort anything ,

that could go both ways, but i see where your coming from.    that said this system offers some logic when compared to our current one which throws loot out to any undeserving and deserving player alike. why shouldn't the player who has played the mod the longest and gone through the process of levelling their char up have a better chance at looting high tier items over a newbie who can't even use them? (go look at the legendary thread post on the recent tower shield drop) this system does not entirely remove the chance for legendaries for noobs (unless they're complete freshies)...it just makes it harder for them to steal loot from the higher rated players who usually carry a server thanks to the equipment they bring in.
Just make Ragnarok level 52 only and you must be T4 in support class. Ragnarok should be for good players who are all there for the team and bring in items that benefit and don't have the intention of leeching.

If you want to bring in dep shields or nothing at all, let alone be completley useless, go play hard mode, you can learn how to play NI there if you were too ignorant to learn anything in normal mode BEFORE you come to ragnarok.

Should not have to deal with leechers/noobs/idiots on Ragnarok, that is what Normal/Hard is for.
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015