Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Problem with factions.txt?
Before I start, apologies to the devs, but I could not resist diving into the stats of 0.6.1 as soon as I laid my hands on it. xD
Anyways, I normally use Morgh's Editor, which works perfectly fine (see my latest thread and you know what I mean), but it can't open up any of the 0.6.1 files, because of a problem with the factions.txt file.
I have no idea what the influence on the game would be, as I haven't tried it yet, but it might be worth mentioning.
Anyways, here's a screenie of the error I get:
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
#cut4bump.

After some research, it seems the problem isn't specifically in factions.txt, but there seems to be a problem with extra lines behind the end of a file. Haven't been able to find said file yet though... Sad

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Oh no, are we making it difficult for people to snoop in our files Wink
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
Bumping this again, would like to know if this change was intentional or not, because Morgh's tools are indeed very useful for snooping around Wink

Just tried opening NI files with Morghs editor, works perfectly fine for me.
Anyway, if you're just looking to see stats or test items, protection on singleplayer is rudimentary.
I know, I'm pretty sure I'm the one that got through that protection. Tongue I just like having all stats at the same place, makes it easier for me to check the items.
It's odd that it works for you, must mean I'm doing something wrong. Thanks for checking it.

You might want to try this item editor: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?t...735.0.html
It's not as nice as Morghs, but it works.
Hm, that does work perfectly fine. Must be something with my copy of Morgh's then, although I've just redownloaded it. Ah well, thanks for the other editor!

Right, after some more experimenting, I have finally found what caused my problem with loading up NI in Morgh's editor. As it turns out, downloading NI as an archive file makes the item_kinds1 files unreadable, but downloading it with the updater does make it readable. Only problem is that using the updater takes about 2 hours.