Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Overhead stab bug
Yesterday I was doing some testing in NI, accidentally I discovered that overhead stabs behaves weirdly. More specifically, as was the case in Napoleonic Wars, overhead stab uses the same timings and damage calculations which overhead swing uses. This leads to weird behaviour (negative speed bonus when moving into the stab, shorter range than the mesh shows, instahits, lower damage than usual). While it isn't horrible, it would be nice if it was fixed Smile
If it is also seen in Napoleonic Wars, then it is probably a problem (or designed that way) with Warband, and not Nord Invasion.
Keyword there being "was". It was fixed there long time ago.
"Was" could also imply that you use to play NW long ago, and the same bug that happened there is occurring now, and here.
No need to get icy, I am only trying to helpĀ 
Afaik, the animation originates from WF&S, where pikes could use an overhead stab, but this couldn't be angled up and down, only straight ahead. This might explain why the animation's calculations bug now that you can angle it up and down. No idea how NW fixed that, but that's up to the devs. Tongue
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(24-12-2013, 01:02 PM)Maroon link Wrote: Afaik, the animation originates from WF&S, where pikes could use an overhead stab, but this couldn't be angled up and down, only straight ahead. This might explain why the animation's calculations bug now that you can angle it up and down. No idea how NW fixed that, but that's up to the devs. Tongue

IIRC problem is that it uses same timings for sweetspots as if it was ordinary overhead swing (meaning that moving into person with overhead stab is the same as hitting with start of overhead swing, basically it counts as hit that landed too soon). Another thing is that it uses same formula for speed bonus calculation as overhead swing (you can get far bigger speed bonuses while stabbing than while swinging). Pretty sure you would have got same issues even if you fixed the angle of overhead stab.
Dunno how NW resolved this issue, although it's possible that modders just cannot change it.