Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Kicked upon entry
The major problem with this is the impression it leaves on new members - which we desperately need. This is a small mod so far, and community is key for a team game such as this, yet the community is prone to boot new members as quickly as possible.

I had the fortune to understand the deployable shield placement from the start, and as soon as I realized that getting close would result in the enemy hitting them, I backed away. Luckily, the players online understood that I didn't know, and let me learn my lesson. (Yay NA server)

But this usually doesn't happen. I have an example, where two new players joined the server. They went towards the shields, and I told them to back away, or the enemy will destroy the shields. But before anyone else had even said anything, a poll popped up. One guy was booted. The other guy had backed away as soon as I had told him to. Another poll popped up to kick him - he said he had backed away as soon as he found out, but he was still booted. Have I seen those two players since? No. And they're probably going to spread the word to their friends, and that is even more members we have lost.

We need to understand that new players won't know these things, and that the benefits of keeping them around and teaching them and building a strong community FAR outweigh whatever xp you might have gained that round.
Way I see it, kick/ban polls should be disabled at the start of any new mod (in the best circumstances there will even be an admin on most of the time) until it's matured and there are enough players and all issues such as those shields are sorted out...

People shouldn't bitch about that anyway since it's sort of a glitch, although I never had any people bitching about me standing next to those things, after the first few rounds I just realised they break the shields only when you're standing there so I started prodding them with a bamboo spear from the side Tongue It doesn't seem to be that bad overall, but people who are being jackasses about it, and about horses for that matter, need to stop...who cares if you lose a round...or if cavalry is going rambo, there seem to be plenty of bots around for everyone
Thankfully this shield glitching is fixed in 0.2.7 which im hoping will be released tomorrow night (US time), so Thursday morning for all you EU players. So far unless there is an overwhelming response to the contrary, I will be disabling kick votes and requesting if theres griefers / exploiters who ought to be kicked but cant, you report them there on the forums where we can deal with them.

As i mentioned before, i believe its possible to add tracking for poll kicking, and infact an entire suite of admin and abuse tracking tools could be added, however this take precious time out of my already tight schedule. So it's really a case of do you guys want awesome new features like randomized waves, new loot, craftin quests, support professions etc, or a versatile way to find out which idiots are abusing the system.

Obviously later on these sort of things will be useful, but I really cant justify spending time out of making cool stuff for you guys on adding things like poll tracking etc.

I hope you guys appreciate where i'm coming from Smile

TL;DR - Shield glitching is fixed next patch, kick polls will be disabled.
Awesome, seems the best way to deal with it :] plenty of time to enable it again in the future, Warband's not going anywhere
Less inf camping, moar fun for cav ;3
Shouldn't it all be easier if we just have a reveal name poll feature?

The anoymity is severely having an impact towards community harmony in this mod.....
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
against my better judgement ive implemented player reporting, so instead of kick player, there is an report player function. This logs both reporter and perpetrator. This will be used in conjunction with player reports on the forums to take action against glitchers/reporters. So if someone/group of people are abusing it, its easily trackable, but if someone is legitimately abusing the game, and lots of different players report him at a similar time, we can take action against him at a later date, either resulting in a reset, or a total ban from the mod. Although this wont mean immediate kicking, its the best way for us to currently independently verify whats going on the servers and minimize any potential abuse coming from them.
isnt there a way to make some servers only for higher lvl players ?

like eu 1 and 2 for beginners
3 and 4 for lvl 10 and higher

or some thing like that ?
(07-12-2011, 01:23 PM)macho9mm link Wrote: isnt there a way to make some servers only for higher lvl players ?

like eu 1 and 2 for beginners
3 and 4 for lvl 10 and higher

or some thing like that ?

If this happens, I would QQ loads.
Something such as that is under progress.  Currently Jez is concentrating on other things for the Mod however he is planning on making two game modes, hard and easy. For lower level players and higher. However I am not sure how it will be done, either on different servers or maybe a function to poll for the game modes. You will just have to bare with us for now.  Wink
[align=center][Image: 2n6u4ux.png]