Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: This is what YOU want! - Uncle Sam
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Improvments
23.81%
30 23.81%
Smaller map
2.38%
3 2.38%
Bigger map
0.79%
1 0.79%
More servers
0.79%
1 0.79%
More active players
15.87%
20 15.87%
More drops
34.92%
44 34.92%
More maps
0%
0 0%
Updated maps
0.79%
1 0.79%
Horse archery skills
13.49%
17 13.49%
Cavelry quests
7.14%
9 7.14%
Total 126 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Cavalry server
(04-01-2014, 09:05 PM)Ramos_Caoliki link Wrote: Lances suck period. Take away the couch only and everyone will be happy ;D

Archers need Horse Archery Skill...i hate cavalery becouse the visor is too big :/ Big Grin
Loots:Hurricane, 2xThanos Legacy,Barbutte with Coif,Gothic Gauntlets,Dragon Sword,Durendal,Ornate Bascinet,Tiger Scale Armor,Mangler,Rending Bolts
Solo Runs:
- Hard -> All maps done
- Ragnarok -> Old Shire/Swadian Outskirts/First Defence died W15
MyShop   Steam
(05-01-2014, 01:09 AM)FreakyZ link Wrote: [quote author=Ramos_Caoliki link=topic=21285.msg159321#msg159321 date=1388869539]
Lances suck period. Take away the couch only and everyone will be happy ;D

Archers need Horse Archery Skill...i hate cavalery becouse the visor is too big :/ Big Grin
[/quote]
The visor ? you mean the aiming reticle ? silly germany
Dreaded War Pick - 13/05/2018 - Loke
Fell Edge - 29/06/2018 - Tyr
Dragon Halberd - 05/08/2018 - Einherjar Berserker
Zephyr - 30/09/2018 - Odin
(03-01-2014, 08:58 PM)Maroon link Wrote: It's not as simple as adding more drops and more quests or something, and pop! the servers get active again.
Pretty much. I've done plenty of Queen and Field Marshall runs, but for me, other main reasons are:

Limited strategy. Currently, successful cav runs require at least one constant dismounted juggler while everyone else kills. Also, it doesn't help that the killing has to be far away from the base, so the players at the base will miss out on the XP and drops (despite the larger XP radius). It seems like the vision of cavalry mode was for everyone to be on horses fighting together, but given the current cavalry mechanics, that isn't going to happen. Dills and Hills was already redone to remove the stables, but we still continue to dismount and wall/slash for certain challenge and spawn waves.

Only one level of difficulty. Even well-geared and experienced players can become hindrances when the waves become more difficult. You see newer (to cav) players ride into others getting them killed, drag bots to the base (causing trouble for the juggler(s) and making tomes/barrels inaccessible), not all ride in circles of the same direction, and not focus on kiting and killing bots being kited by other players. Then they spawn more bots on later waves and make the wave take much longer than necessary (e.g. 40 minutes for wave 16 is not unexpected for populated servers).

Lack of interest. If you call for a rag run, you can gather 16 people to simultaneously join a server far more easily than you can if you call for a cav run. This causes the server to be less likely to be full, causing more likelihood of previously cited occurrences (riding into each other, etc).

Reserved for more potential reasons later.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
I think more people will start to play cav if they start putting good drops and more work with it
(08-01-2014, 04:07 PM)Malong link Wrote: [quote author=Maroon link=topic=21285.msg159148#msg159148 date=1388782726]
It's not as simple as adding more drops and more quests or something, and pop! the servers get active again.
Pretty much. I've done plenty of Queen and Field Marshall runs, but for me, other main reasons are:

Limited strategy. Currently, successful cav runs require at least one constant dismounted juggler while everyone else kills. Also, it doesn't help that the killing has to be far away from the base, so the players at the base will miss out on the XP and drops (despite the larger XP radius). It seems like the vision of cavalry mode was for everyone to be on horses fighting together, but given the current cavalry mechanics, that isn't going to happen. Dills and Hills was already redone to remove the stables, but we still continue to dismount and wall/slash for certain challenge and spawn waves.

Only one level of difficulty. Even well-geared and experienced players can become hindrances when the waves become more difficult. You see newer (to cav) players ride into others getting them killed, drag bots to the base (causing trouble for the juggler(s) and making tomes/barrels inaccessible), not all ride in circles of the same direction, and not focus on kiting and killing bots being kited by other players. Then they spawn more bots on later waves and make the wave take much longer than necessary (e.g. 40 minutes for wave 16 is not unexpected for populated servers).

Lack of interest. If you call for a rag run, you can gather 16 people to simultaneously join a server far more easily than you can if you call for a cav run. This causes the server to be less likely to be full, causing more likelihood of previously cited occurrences (riding into each other, etc).

Reserved for more potential reasons later.
[/quote]

Exactly.