Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Create a server for new players?
Being a new player in this mod is really rough, compared to many games. The idea of "Just stay alive and get assist exp" is also rather foreign to many players.

My idea:
  • Only one server
  • No exp or item drops after level 10
  • Something like "players take 50% less damage"
  • Server named "NA - New player server" or similar
  • Description has a few tips for first timers
  • Server has one active player always

Only one server: so all the noobs are playing together as a mini team, so it isn't solo vs all which really ins't the spirit of the game. Plus older players could join and give tips, I know I do sometimes. Maximum of one server per region (NA, EU, and AUS)

No exp or drops after level 10: rather obviously, the server isn't intended for farming.

Something like "players take 50% less damage": Because getting two-hit by EVERYTHING sucks when first starting. I would also suggest  slowing down enemies slightly so if you get hit once, you don't get surrounded when staggered. Not sure how well/overpowered that would work. delayed spawns of nords might work too - so it doesn't feel like a ling rush.

Server named "NA - New player server" or similar - So we will get less new players joining hard servers and being very confused.

Description has a few tips for first timers: How to activate account, how to talk in game, that the server info screen is scroll-able. Bet half of you didn't know that last one.

Server has one active player always: I don't mean a real active player, just something to make sure it is always appears on the list when the box "has players" is checked. Could be a bot or enemy placed somewhere in the map. Maybe it "talks" and responds to a few commands in chat.
i like the idea, could work really well for new players. i for one was very overwelmed when i first started out in my noob clothes and watching all these guys in shining armour pwn nords. only one thing however is that there isn't a need to have "the always one player" thing in there. its not that hard to uncheck "has players" in the server filter
PEW PEW!!!! PEW PEW PEW!!!!!!!
PK_Wolfsblood: Prince kills 2 , thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsfang: thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsclaw: prince kills 2, Thor kills 1, odin kills 1
PK_Wolfman: prince kills 1
It's a really good idea, I am very impressed it was always really annoying being a leech with no main role until you level upto 15.
I think it will be requied to add other gamemode with other bots. but still able and easy to make i think Smile. Maybe.. make weaker waves? liek more peasants instead of javelins pikes skirmishers etc - just without prince at the end.
How about "Insane" servers only for 52? Big Grin
(03-06-2012, 02:37 PM)DP_Dagman link Wrote: How about "Insane" servers only for 52? Big Grin

Lol