Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

HELP ME-MACBOOK
ı have macbook. can I play with matches in mount and blade
so, Does it support osx with mount and blade ??
Steam id: Calipia (burak)
Yes you can play warband on Apple operating systems
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
(11-02-2014, 12:51 PM)Hypernoma link Wrote: Yes you can play warband on Apple operating systems

lies lies you must throw your macbook into the bin and then buy a pc...i thought that was obvious?
macbook doesn't trashed because very expensive Big Grin
and thanks you Big Grin
Hey Lordy,

Please find below the steps I used to play on my mac.

Background Info
The wrapper I use is called wineskin it basically allows macs to play mount and blade by emulating windows. It is very simple to install, the only difficult part is getting a CD code from steam. The easiest way to get the code is going onto a windows computer and just noting down the code and entering it into the wrapper.

Here is the wrapper, the wrapper contains mount and blade native inside it which is very useful (You wont need the CD), it is very easy to install there is also a video that can help you if you get stuck here.

The mount and blade runs directly from the macs hard drive, so there is no need to load up steam as it will not know that you are actually playing mount and blade.

Inspecting the game and installing mods
Once mount and blade has successfully been installed if you locate it using finder (Or just look in your applications folder) you can right click the image for Mount and Blade and click on show package contents. This will then give you a pop up window presented with three options Contents, Drive C and Wineskin.

I have never used contents so you can ignore that folder.
The folder that you will be using the most is "Drive C" this is the main folder for just about everything linked to mount and blade.

Installing mods
To install mods like NI you need to place the folder in the Modules folder to locate this folder follow these steps.
Double click on Drive C ->Program Files -> Mount and blade Warband ->Modules
You can then place the NI folder in there and it will work perfectly.

Installing custom content
Because you will be creating custom objects you will need to continually get into the modules folder and manually insert the relevant items into the folder, anything customised in a folder will need to be manually dragged into the relevant folder. What I mean by this is that macs don't combine folders they simply overwrite them, so for example if you add custom scene objects you will need to open the one in the modules and then copy the files over that way.

What happens when there is a mount and blade update?
Again very easy to install you can get the update from the main website (Download the server update). You need to right click on the game and "Show Package contents", you can then double click on wineskin this will bring up a new interface. Click on install windows software, locate the update folder and then click ok, the update will then run like a normal mount and blade update.

What FPS am I likely to get?
I average around 40 when playing in the lower waves with a small team, on the higher waves with a large team of 16+ you will get down to 25-30 unfortunately (It is playable).

What are the best settings to play on?
I play on medium settings trying to get the percentage as high as possible, personally I'm able to get the percentage up to 112%s, this is on DFX9.

Important Info
You will need to use a mouse, I tried for a couple of months to play using a track pad. It is very hard! You simply cant spin quickly enough.

Make sure you are in a ventilated area, your mac will get hot! (Mine gets hot playing age of empires)

Keep your mac charged it can be very scary getting the 10% battery pop up while battling Nords.

I think that is everything, if you have any questions I should be able to answer them via message.
(12-04-2014, 12:33 PM)Chris link Wrote: Hey Lordy,

Please find below the steps I used to play on my mac.

TL;DR: get a pc. ololooool

Naw but fo real tho good luck.
[Image: sigasdasd.png]
AW CHEESE! And fuck Worm Banes