Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Getting a new PC, is this worthwhile?
Hi guys, I'm planning on buying a new PC, as mine is getting pretty outdated (low-end PC bought 3 years ago), and I found a particular deal I quite like, but since I'm not the most technologically advanced person, I'd like to hear your opinions.
I found a PC with the following specs:
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7870
CPU: AMD FX 8320 (3.5 GHz) 8 cores
RAM: 8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Pro3 R2.0 (think that's all, long French sentence came after that [copy paste ftw])
HDD: 1TB 7200 RPM

All this for a price of 630 euros.

For those of you who understand French, here is the original page.
It sounds pretty good to me, but I'd like to get a second (and third, fourth... Tongue) opinion on the matter. So do you guys think this is decent, or should I be looking for something else?
Thanks!
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
First off how much are you paying for it?
I wouldnt pay more then 750$ for that pc. Im not very fond of bulldozer cpu's. If you want and know how to making your own pc is much better for your wallet. I built a i5-3570k, 8gb ddr3 corasair vengeance ram, ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155, MSI Radeon HD 7950 3GB, Corsair 500R White ATX Mid Tower, OCZ 750W ATX12V, all for 800$ I did it through local deals and newegg. What power supply and case also?
If you check the link it's a Akasa Essential Plus 550 Alimentation 550W ATX12V v2.3 (550watts)

Doesn't really give you much room for future upgrades, but all around I think you get a decent PC for the price you're paying. Although if I were you id build it myself, it's super easy and you save alot of money on it. Just watch a tutorial on youtube or something  Wink
If you need any help I suggest Toms Hardware. Best pc site ever. Im at school so the link is blocked. I have never heard of that ps brand. I would go with a bronze ocs or corsair. They have great warrens and are a lot more dependable.
Well, I have absolutely no experience with building a pc myself, plus I don't think it'd save me much. I mean, the 7870 is like 300 euros already. Tongue
As for upgrading, I don'r really plan on expanding much, aside from maybe some more RAM.
Call me lazy, but I'd like to buy a PC that is more or less finished when I get it. Tongue

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Then go for it Smile
http://youtu.be/y-bYSC6OT6s
get this one instead
I have been using AMD FX 8350 4.0GHz CPU for a while now (since release) and It is alright, never had any problems with it. Most games don't support so many threads but it is still a good and cheap CPU.
So that 8320 should be fine.
I got this pc a few days ago, and if anyone is considering getting a AMD FX 8320, and doesn't have (much) experience with building pc's, I'd advise getting something else. Don't get me wrong, the CPU itself works like a charm, but the heatsink fan that comes with it is louder than your average airplane. I've had to replace my fan with a bigger one, and it's working perfectly now, but I had to give myself a crash course PC editing first.
Other than that, it's a good machine!

(19-03-2014, 06:39 PM)Maroon link Wrote: I got this pc a few days ago, and if anyone is considering getting a AMD FX 8320, and doesn't have (much) experience with building pc's, I'd advise getting something else. Don't get me wrong, the CPU itself works like a charm, but the heatsink fan that comes with it is louder than your average airplane. I've had to replace my fan with a bigger one, and it's working perfectly now, but I had to give myself a crash course PC editing first.
Other than that, it's a good machine!
If your CPU allows it, you can download a program called CPU-Z, which tells you the temperature of the air coming out, and the air inside your rig. The prize feature however, is the fact that you can change the speeds of which your fans run. However if you are a rookie, you could end your computer's lifespan Tongue