Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Warden Vs Master peltast
(11-09-2017, 08:24 AM)Narvad Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 10:17 PM)Sharmastyle Wrote: You just compared Volcanic Daggers, a top tier legendary, to a War Bow, a marketplace bow. Why would I even look bother looking at this? It's like comparing a Ferrari to a Honda Civic...

Wouldn't you compare the Typhoon or w/e the fast one is plus Zephyr arrows vs. Volcanic if your doing fast vs. fast for dps comparison?
The thing is... i didn't.

The one and only thing that there from War Bow is 85 bow attack speed rating, which is highlighted, because it different and it's even more than Typhoon has(it means that Typhon has even less "shoot per second" stat).

Fun thing that 85 speed rating is also the average between Typhoon and Tempest. So it would be more fair to compare 58p damage as bow + arrows to Volcanic's 60p(in the case of having already tested bow with 85 spd rating). But seems like it's already hard to understand, so i wouldn't bother.

+2 Dmg or +2 Armour does nothing in this game  Rolleyes . I would never spend millions on it or grind for a thousand hours. 

I also would never look at any of the other stats in a weapon besides the Damage or Speed of a weapon, like the velocity or damage drop off over distance. After all, it's only Warband.
MP - Warden - Sentinel - Zwei - Legio - RG

Steam  Legendaries

Feel free to add on steam for trades.
(10-09-2017, 10:17 PM)Sharmastyle Wrote: I also would never look at any of the other stats in a weapon besides the Damage or Speed of a weapon, like the velocity or damage drop off over distance. After all, it's only Warband.
You probably confused yourself with one of that marksmanship games, where you staying in one place and shooting in dummies situated on different distances/attitudes.
In this modification, enemy is spawns and coming for you, and when it comes close enough no one that matters any more, except ability to kill as many nords as you can with minimum required shots/throws/swings and fastest speed.
Those who are left behind don't ruining your barricades or hitting your shielder(usually), and they can be dealt with after.

So what's the point of archers then? Which, as we found out already, inferior to Melee/Ranged hybrid on the close-middle distances. To pick up the ranged bots, which don't harm anyone, and get yourself nice score?
(12-09-2017, 09:23 AM)Narvad Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 10:17 PM)Sharmastyle Wrote: I also would never look at any of the other stats in a weapon besides the Damage or Speed of a weapon, like the velocity or damage drop off over distance. After all, it's only Warband.
You probably confused yourself with one of that marksmanship games, where you staying in one place and shooting in dummies situated on different distances/attitudes.
In this modification, enemy is spawns and coming for you, and when it comes close enough no one that matters any more, except ability to kill as many nords as you can with minimum required shots/throws/swings and fastest speed.
Those who are left behind don't ruining your barricades or hitting your shielder(usually), and they can be dealt with after.

So what's the point of archers then? Which, as we found out already, inferior to Melee/Ranged hybrid on the close-middle distances. To pick up the ranged bots, which don't harm anyone, and get yourself nice score?

If you don't think +2 Damage makes a difference, why even play to grind out all that gear....uninstall.

Steam  Legendaries

Without reading it all I gotta say Warden feels worse when kiting, a buff to athletics would be much appreciated, or a nerf to MP tho we all prefer the buff I suppose. But apart from that both sides have their advantages and disadvantages.
(12-09-2017, 11:07 PM)Alphaa Wrote: Without reading it all I gotta say Warden feels worse when kiting, a buff to athletics would be much appreciated, or a nerf to MP tho we all prefer the buff I suppose. But apart from that both sides have their advantages and disadvantages.

+1, could careless about the weapon changes. With the gear the way it is, feels a little slugish on archer compared to skirmisher.

Steam  Legendaries

(12-09-2017, 08:43 PM)Sharmastyle Wrote: If you don't think +2 Damage makes a difference, why even play to grind out all that gear....uninstall.
I never said or implied it.
That's why i didn't quoted that part - it seems like you are speaking to yourself.

I guess i should make it clear a bit:
(13-09-2017, 02:01 PM)Narvad Wrote:

Nice work on all of the testing and math. However, I have been told that the speed rating is not calculated linearly and the WPF instead counts as a subtraction of percentage from the time it takes to draw, meaning items with slower speeds are more affected by WPF differences (20% of a high time to fire is a larger number than 20% of a smaller time to fire), and that each weapon type has a different calculation for determining how long it takes to fire/swing based on the "speed" stat. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but I haven't read anything to the contrary.

This is still just one fairly rare item, and I'm not sure it is indicative of an overpowering of Warden by Master Peltast. Some additional item comparisons and testing would be fantastic. Maybe the Volcanic Daggers should be changed based on this data. The drop-off over distance should also be considered, but there isn't much I can say on that. Good argument.