Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Enemy Troops! Throw your best ideas at me!
(10-05-2013, 01:43 AM)Trojan link Wrote: Nord armored Paladin

(a zweihander for hardmode but Harder of course)
Great sword
  A nord Half plate type thing

Arent Paladins associated with christianity?
You better have Mercenary Swadian Paladins then.
(10-05-2013, 07:01 AM)Punishment link Wrote: [quote author=Trojan link=topic=237.msg105662#msg105662 date=1368150228]
Nord armored Paladin

(a zweihander for hardmode but Harder of course)
Great sword
  A nord Half plate type thing

Arent Paladins associated with christianity?
You better have Mercenary Swadian Paladins then.
[/quote]

But the Norse have mixed gods christian and Odin thor loke etc
(11-05-2013, 02:41 AM)Trojan link Wrote: But the Norse have mixed gods christian and Odin thor loke etc

I don't think Christianity has anything to do with Norse mythology but I'm no expert so I could be entirely wrong.

You could however change the name suggestion from "Nord Armored Paladin" to "Nord Armored Hersir". Just being an upgraded mob of the normal mode variant and give them 2-handers so that they resemble a zweihander
Broad shouldered: LatinaHeat
Soft hands: Murrow
Soiled hands: Lantice
Queenie: Phe
Morale Tent: Ailish, Buki, Chasia,
(04-08-2012, 09:06 AM)Legend link Wrote:and you are a sex-object murrow  :Smile (and a guy who's a woman..)
@Pikeman

Something like this?
(15-05-2013, 07:41 PM)-Perception- link Wrote:@Pikeman

Something like this?

just give him a retarded face and hes good to go Big Grin
Only people who don't deserve legendaries loot them. - YuriTheRed

I looted 3 legendaries so this is most definitely true.
Some nords already look pretty retarded already. :Smile
(15-04-2013, 04:05 PM)Punishment link Wrote:More an idea for the new Ragnarok Mode 

Son on Fafnir 

Perhaps they should have a single small weak spot (like their heel). That'd probably make for an interesting change of pace.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
We already have such enemies, Spawn of Loki, they are most vulnerable at their feet. (Still tough though..)
Apart from that, your idea summarized/generalized:
  A bot with awesome armor and a two-handed sword.
  (The part with "vulnerable only by.." is quite queasy, puts many classes at disadvantage.)

I am sure you think of something better.  Smile (Or design the Fafnir armor..)
Haven't played in a while so I didn't realize (also usually play as a commando only). But I don't think the devs should discount adding multiple vulnerabilities to enemies, especially to one that sounds as monstrous as this Son of Fafnir has been made out to be.

As for Punishment's idea for the Son of Fafnir being impervious to normal weapons, it certainly sounds interesting. To avoid making it overly difficult, maybe the rounds leading to this wave could have enemies wielding a weapon like "Shard of Gram" which also inflicts full damage. Then again, a bots wielding two handed swords (aside from Prince) generally don't do much against a decent shield line, so that might not be necessary.

I agree that finding proper armor for the unit will likely be a challenge.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
(22-05-2013, 12:18 AM)clickeverywhere link Wrote:Then again, a bots wielding two handed swords (aside from Prince) generally don't do much against a decent shield line, so that might not be necessary.

If they wielded 2 handed axes though... Varangian Guards usually tear apart my SKS at a frightening pace :o
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."