Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Enemy Troops! Throw your best ideas at me!
Name: Vaegir Boyars

Having allied themselves to the Nord Empire in the hopes of grabbing territory and as a result of skirmishes along the border, the Vaegir Kingdom has sent its own troops to bolster the Nord ranks. The weak, undisciplined Vaegir soldiers have crumbled against the disciplined and skilled Swadian army, however, and their fearsome lords, the Boyars, have decided to take matters into their own hands. The Boyars have swept through Swadia alongside the Nord army, cutting through Swadians on the battlefield with their fearsome bardiches and unleashing deadly volleys of javelins. Renowned for their great strength and speed, at least one Boyar accompanies a Nord army as a commander, and several have entire units of Boyars used as shock troops. One Boyar is often enough to sway the tide of a battle and rally even the most reluctant Nord prisoner to fight fiercely. More than one Swadian knight has fled the battlefield in face of these ferocious warriors, and thousands more have died at their hands.

Type: Heavy Infantry
Weapons: Great Long Bardiche, javelins (three bags, less if that's too OP)
Armor: Vaegir War Mask, Vaegir Elite Armor, Iron Greaves, Lamellar Gauntlets
Difficulty: hard
Abilities: Can feint, can chamber, has high accuracy, has high atheltics and thus speed, at least equal to that of a heavy longbowman or longbowman

Boyars are a tier above the zweihanders. Their lack of shields means that headshots can easily take them down. Their bardiche's length and damage along with their javelins makes them highly versatile, as they can easily take down archers who don't dodge or take cover as well as unarmored to medium armored infantry with their javs. Bardiches can be used to cut down cav who come to close, and their feinting and chambering abilities can tear through infantry who aren't careful with their blocks and swings.They're going to be hell for some newbies, but for skilled veteran players they should only be mildy more challenging than zweihanders.

Boyars could be an exclusive wave like zweihanders, or Boyars could be tossed into a mix if vaegirs mercs are ever introduced. A quest for them would be nice, like "Boyar Bashing" or something like that. Kill maybe 10 Boyars and a reward would be maybe 3000 gold and 50 FP.

P.S. glad you like my idea Krieg Smile
When life gives you lemons, make apple juice and watch the world wonder.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Enemy Troops! Throw your best ideas at me! - by Sphinx - 05-01-2012, 06:41 AM
Re: Enemy Troops! Throw your best ideas at me! - by Jeffacake - 27-02-2012, 11:50 PM
Re: Enemy Troops! Throw your best ideas at me! - by Sphinx - 29-03-2012, 01:47 AM
Re: Enemy Troops! Throw your best ideas at me! - by Leturoa - 28-05-2013, 10:55 AM