Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: What do you think of this Idea\should it be added?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Good idea. I\'d like to see it added.
30.00%
6 30.00%
Good Idea. Way too much work to add it.
40.00%
8 40.00%
No opinion/Unsure if it would fit with NI.
10.00%
2 10.00%
Bad idea. Don\'t want to see it added.
10.00%
2 10.00%
IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!
10.00%
2 10.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

New Gametype Idea
Currently in NI there is Normal, Hard, Ragnarok, and Cavalry. What I find is that the first 3 have really all become the same repetitive game and that even with the addition of cav, there isn't much new. I understand that cav will be fixed in the next update and blah blah blah, what I am about to suggest could be a long term goal for the devs and for all I know may be impossible.

Well first off, the new gamemode would be us, the Swadians fighting back. The Nords have pillaged and looted for far too long and Swadia is desperate to gain some ground. We would be the invaders of different Nordic lands, the different difficulties could be based upon the maps instead of the enemies(small open village-Normal, fortified castle-Hard, and a multi-tiered city-Ragnarok). New deployables would be needed(ladders, barrels that affect only gates, siege towers would need to be on the map already but maybe a deployable that makes them work, possibly artillery like GK on native) along with separate loadouts such as cavalry and infantry which is already present. once we have set up our equipment we would storm the castle, each person with maybe 5 lives(you can spawn more with tomes but only with tomes once your lives are used up). Every 5-10 minutes based upon difficulty and current wave, more bots would spawn regardless of remaining enemies, with a bot limit of 150. The way to win would be to capture a central area, like capture the flag in Native online sieges, hold it for a few minutes and bam, winner. If there is anything I forgot to address then please tell me and I will try and add it. Tell me what you think!!!!

Again, I understand the devs have a lot to do already and this would be a HUGE commitment and wouldn't come any time soon if it was considered at all. This is thought of as along term goal for NI, a finale for us great Swadians who have fought long and hard for our kingdom and would now have the chance to emerge victorious against the crazed Nordic barbarian invaders!!!.
StuStu-All I'll say buddy is Arbilest or however it's spelt, crafting price means nothing in NI, if you are a long time player you should know that yourself, I'm done arguing with someone who's naive as ****
[Image: lNYrB9c.png]
(01-04-2014, 11:57 PM)happymonkey99 link Wrote: Currently in NI there is Normal, Hard, Ragnarok, and Cavalry. What I find is that the first 3 have really all become the same repetitive game and that even with the addition of cav, there isn't much new. I understand that cav will be fixed in the next update and blah blah blah, what I am about to suggest could be a long term goal for the devs and for all I know may be impossible.

Well first off, the new gamemode would be us, the Swadians fighting back. The Nords have pillaged and looted for far too long and Swadia is desperate to gain some ground. We would be the invaders of different Nordic lands, the different difficulties could be based upon the maps instead of the enemies(small open village-Normal, fortified castle-Hard, and a multi-tiered city-Ragnarok). New deployables would be needed(ladders, barrels that affect only gates, siege towers would need to be on the map already but maybe a deployable that makes them work, possibly artillery like GK on native) along with separate loadouts such as cavalry and infantry which is already present. once we have set up our equipment we would storm the castle, each person with maybe 5 lives(you can spawn more with tomes but only with tomes once your lives are used up). Every 5-10 minutes based upon difficulty and current wave, more bots would spawn regardless of remaining enemies, with a bot limit of 150. If there is anything I forgot to address then please tell me and I will try and add it. Tell me what you think!!!!

Again, I understand the devs have a lot to do already and this would be a HUGE commitment and wouldn't come any time soon if it was considered at all. This is thought of as along term goal for NI, a finale for us great Swadians who have fought long and hard for our kingdom and would now have the chance to emerge victorious against the crazed Nordic barbarian invaders!!!.
^^ We need that! If I find the energy, I'll see if I can make a map of each.
Err highly doubt someone could pull that off, Warband AI is just...terrible. Only plausible way I can think of to pull this kind of thing off is making it like SP Native castle sieges but Nords excel at attacking/defending castles. It would be complete and utter slaughter if 16 Swadians, even with crush through and were Hero class tried to punch through a Nordic shieldwall.
In singleplayer 30 Nord Huscarls can take Praven with a garrison of 200-300 and they have poor stats compared to those of NI Nords.
And another thing, if the Nords have pillaged and raided for a long, long time I doubt that Swadia could mount an attack on any Nordic fortified structure due to lack of resources and I cant see why Swadia would try to take land back if they cant even hold their own.

But in the end its just a game Smile cool idea nonetheless
I hate to be the one that says this, but
inb4 search function
Edit: Actually, now I feel like a dick. This is a great suggestion, but I have seen many more like it, but not quite the same - I hope this gets looked at by the devs.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
Warband AI....DEFENDING?!?!?!?!
That can only end badly....
My Characters!

VLKA_Handef_Snizel - Royal Gaurd
VLKA_Handef - Master Peltast
VLKA_HybridLeHandef - Sharpshooter
VLKA_Snizel - Ranger
It's a neat idea, but as has been addressed Warband AI isn't effective at defending, NI works because bots are good at mindlessly mobbing and swarming.  Big Grin
DB_Journeyman_Jon

"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese." - Steven Wright
(02-04-2014, 12:28 AM)Doomlord link Wrote: Err highly doubt someone could pull that off, Warband AI is just...terrible. Only plausible way I can think of to pull this kind of thing off is making it like SP Native castle sieges but Nords excel at attacking/defending castles. It would be complete and utter slaughter if 16 Swadians, even with crush through and were Hero class tried to punch through a Nordic shieldwall.
In singleplayer 30 Nord Huscarls can take Praven with a garrison of 200-300 and they have poor stats compared to those of NI Nords.
And another thing, if the Nords have pillaged and raided for a long, long time I doubt that Swadia could mount an attack on any Nordic fortified structure due to lack of resources and I cant see why Swadia would try to take land back if they cant even hold their own.

But in the end its just a game Smile cool idea nonetheless
The NI nords are nothing like the SP nords, as the devs change their stats/armor to actually make them a challenge to us. This would not be the problem, as the bots could be customized to make a reasonable challenge for us.

I see two problems with this however, and it's not small problems. Others have said this, but a) the NI bots are absolutely retarded. There's no way you could make them defend without enormous amounts of time put down. b) This would split our already small playerbase even more. It's hard enough now to find more than 1 or 2 servers to play at.
CC_Sir_Yabu - lvl 52 Wielder of the Rectal Glory
CC_Dr_Yabu - lvl 52 Pokémon
CC_Yabu_the_Hutt - lvl 52 Space Mob Member
CC_Yabudabadoo - lvl 39 Pacifist
CC_Dyabu_Unchained - lvl 10 No Comment
Visit my shop IKEY!
http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...935.0.html

http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...957.0.html

We're pretty sure these come the closest to this topic.
(12-07-2013, 06:07 PM)Hypernoma link Wrote:Search function makes my life so much easier.
(02-04-2014, 10:54 AM)Search Function link Wrote: http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...935.0.html

http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...957.0.html

We're pretty sure these come the closest to this topic.
WHAT HAVE I DONE?!
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
I think that there are some problems, that it is kind of having the same routine like some things on the current mods of NI.
You can not compare the sieges in Multiplayer Mod(Native) with this idea, because the nords just have no brain tbh. The just run and try to kill a person, destroy obstacles and throw things. They aren't jumping or making tactics to defend the castle as on ZHG for example.
I say nice idea, but there are still some problems that need to be solved.
Greets Tarrod
[Image: Tarbs.jpg]
"I wish the germans would have melt the Eiffel Tower and make tanks to kill the french" - not telling
"I ain´t gonna drop my stuff for these guys" - Wambo
"What do you call the german Secret Service? -  SS" - not telling