Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Kiting Server
So, there had been many discussions now about kiting itself and all the players asking others to leave a server. My idea was now the following:

Many will have noticed, that kiting has become a big part of NI now. But still, it´s not possible if others are joining (called randoms by me, kiting is mostly if you are trying it with friend.). I for myself am raging so often about it, just because kiting is by far not easy and like others can prove, it´s always me dying first after anyone joined. So I came up with the idea of what this topic is actually about: Kiting Servers.

Kiting Server: A server with just 3-5 player spots with all maps from NI of course. It would be a great improvement for all snipers out there, bored of wiping because some don´t know how to actually kite.

Just an idea, would really appreciate your opinions about it!
Great idea, but as many people are going to write. Kiting is the easiest way to get loots. Sure you need skill and the tactic, but you still get more loots than in a 90 min rag run if you have got bad luck.
So here an idea to not nerf it, but it is a disadvantage so you play kiting not only for loots:
Just make the drop rate a little lower, so that it is not that much easier to get loots when you are kiting on that servers Wink
So great idea, but the servers should get a little loot nerd, so that you are having fun, some loots and a challenge on that servers Wink
[Image: Tarbs.jpg]
"I wish the germans would have melt the Eiffel Tower and make tanks to kill the french" - not telling
"I ain´t gonna drop my stuff for these guys" - Wambo
"What do you call the german Secret Service? -  SS" - not telling
Sorry that I don´t wanna play 90 min long rag runs each day oO But fact is, cading is much more time than kiting. So why should drops be nerfed? :O
because this game was based on the concept of teamwork.
also, this can't happen, because as Hyper stated, "the NI kitty is looking a little bare." (he's broke, dude.)
you can always donate, and maybe he'll open up more servers...
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
its actually a nice idea  Big Grin
In my opinion it´s the best idea ever. There are by far not enough materials to be sold. (in my case, Lumps of Lead) Every1 needs them, I´m having a trade with some1, offline for the night, next day it´s sold to any1 else. So I can´t do anything else than looting it right? -> Kiting the best way -> Kiting Servers^^
(04-04-2014, 12:02 PM)Alphaa link Wrote: In my opinion it´s the best idea ever. There are by far not enough materials to be sold. (in my case, Lumps of Lead) Every1 needs them, I´m having a trade with some1, offline for the night, next day it´s sold to any1 else. So I can´t do anything else than looting it right? -> Kiting the best way -> Kiting Servers^^

Which leads to only people who like kiting looting stuff, or people will have to force themselves to kite in order to loot. No, not a good idea, in my opinion, because of the current way looting works.
When kiting alone, the chance of getting a loot from a bot is 16x higher than on a full server (provided everyone is in assist range), but the amount of bots is not 16x as high. Therefore, chances of getting stuff when playing alone is higher, so people kiting will by definition get more loot than others. While this might seem nice for people who actually kite, it is not for those who prefer not to kite.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(04-04-2014, 12:06 PM)Maroon link Wrote: [quote author=Alphaa link=topic=24912.msg172857#msg172857 date=1396612949]
In my opinion it´s the best idea ever. There are by far not enough materials to be sold. (in my case, Lumps of Lead) Every1 needs them, I´m having a trade with some1, offline for the night, next day it´s sold to any1 else. So I can´t do anything else than looting it right? -> Kiting the best way -> Kiting Servers^^

Which leads to only people who like kiting looting stuff, or people will have to force themselves to kite in order to loot. No, not a good idea, in my opinion, because of the current way looting works.
When kiting alone, the chance of getting a loot from a bot is 16x higher than on a full server (provided everyone is in assist range), but the amount of bots is not 16x as high. Therefore, chances of getting stuff when playing alone is higher, so people kiting will by definition get more loot than others. While this might seem nice for people who actually kite, it is not for those who prefer not to kite.
[/quote]

Having the same drop rates wouldn´t force any1 to kite lol. And most of the time you aren´t playing with such a good team that you can´t reach the waves on which you get green materials (rag for instance).
(04-04-2014, 12:29 PM)Alphaa link Wrote: [quote author=Maroon link=topic=24912.msg172858#msg172858 date=1396613212]
[quote author=Alphaa link=topic=24912.msg172857#msg172857 date=1396612949]

[/quote]

Having the same drop rates wouldn´t force any1 to kite lol. And most of the time you aren´t playing with such a good team that you can´t reach the waves on which you get green materials (rag for instance).
[/quote]

Which only reinforces my point. Chances of loot are higher when kiting than when playing with a full team. Drop rates are not the same, kiting gives you better chances with the current looting system.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(04-04-2014, 12:02 PM)Alphaa link Wrote: In my opinion it´s the best idea ever. There are by far not enough materials to be sold. (in my case, Lumps of Lead) Every1 needs them, I´m having a trade with some1, offline for the night, next day it´s sold to any1 else. So I can´t do anything else than looting it right? -> Kiting the best way -> Kiting Servers^^

Saying that your own idea is the best idea ever never works, trust me Big Grin.
I will give you a small statement about kiting:
I can see point of kiting. Servers are empty or you have a small group of people wanting to play together, so the best way to start would be kiting.
But: 1. At the moment kiting is much too reward-able and not fair compared to the intended way of playing, based on teamwork.
2. Endless running around is not my definition of skill. Being faster than the enemies makes a way too easy to kite around, especially on melee waves. Only a few waves are really a challenge.
3. It ends sometimes in disruptive gameplay. People don't stop kiting if others want play with a cading area. So they go out and kill the bots alone to get more reward, so basically "stealing" the chance of loot from the others.

So at end I can say we might give you the ability back to kite some day, but not the way it was. Because it was never intended to make kiting that easy/reward-able.
For the kiting servers I dont see any reason. We have enough servers to play on and you will always find an empty one if you really want to kite.
For the 3. point I made with leading the bots away from the team is from now on a kick-able / ban-able offense. Official rule will follow soon.