Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Obligatory support items on Hard and Ragnarok
Often on hard and Ragnarok people join without support items. This leads to massive use of tomes if available to get enough cades in, if only 1 or 2 ppl bring cades. This leads to a lot of unnecessary stress on the server and slow gameplay. Maybe You should not be able to spawn unless You bring a normal cade or a normal medkit (or better ofc) on Hard and Ragnarok modes. I understand that everyone cant´t afford a tome, barrel, wallcade or even a shc, but if You have leveled up so u can play on hard/rag You should be able to afford a medkit/normal cade.  Maybe have different rules for diff modes. For example: Hard = simple medkit/normal cade or better, Ragnarok = Shc/medkits or better. Idk how it would work with ammo crates though.

Please comment/discuss below
Favorite word: Defenestration - The act of throwing someone or something out of a window.
I don't think so. Just because some people aren't able to bring in engineer/medic items doesn't mean that they're useless. If someone else is bringing in my only cade, that doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to spawn hurricane bows and bronze arrows for everyone else.
Characters: CC_Commando_NickyJ, CC_Ranger_NickyJ, CC_Pikeman_NickyJ, CC_Sharpshooter_NickyJ
Let me give an example.

A Pavise Champion bringing in a tower shield, a 1H Weapon and Xbow+Bolts would not be allowed to join a rag run then.

I would change your request a bit to:

People have to have filled all possible active slots.

Everyone can bring a dep. shield at least.
'Who needs social life if you have double experience?' -yuri
(13-04-2014, 04:05 PM)NickyJ link Wrote: I don't think so. Just because some people aren't able to bring in engineer/medic items doesn't mean that they're useless. If someone else is bringing in my only cade, that doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to spawn hurricane bows and bronze arrows for everyone else.

I don´t understand what You mean, sorry. Why would someone else bring your cade and why would not you do that?  The whole point with a supportslot is that you don´t only bring stuff for yourself but items that helps the team. And You bringing in extra bows are good but u can´t equip bows in support slot anyway so why not have an support item there.

(13-04-2014, 04:13 PM)human_being link Wrote: Let me give an example.

A Pavise Champion bringing in a tower shield, a 1H Weapon and Xbow+Bolts would not be allowed to join a rag run then.

I would change your request a bit to:

True, a tower shield is ofc a good "support" item to bring, that could be marked as an support item so u can have that in the support slot instead of xbows being "support items".  The devs will sort out what items should be allowed ofc. I do not conside dep shields to be of much use on a rag server but ofc it is better then nothing but I think then ppl who do not bring anything now, would only bring depshields and then it would not solve anything.
Favorite word: Defenestration - The act of throwing someone or something out of a window.
Quote:_Simpleton link=topic=25183.msg173919#msg173919 date=1397412062]
[quote author=NickyJ link=topic=25183.msg173905#msg173905 date=1397405132]
I don't think so. Just because some people aren't able to bring in engineer/medic items doesn't mean that they're useless. If someone else is bringing in my only cade, that doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to spawn hurricane bows and bronze arrows for everyone else.

I don´t understand what You mean, sorry. Why would someone else bring your cade and why would not you do that?  The whole point with a supportslot is that you don´t only bring stuff for yourself but items that helps the team. And You bringing in extra bows are good but u can´t equip bows in support slot anyway so why not have an support item there.
[/quote]

I think what he's saying if what if someone has happened to be lending someone else his only support item, why shouldn't that person be allowed to join if all his other gear is useful? I have had that situation myself sometimes as well, as I only have one SHC. I sometimes give someone else the SHC for an event if I'm bringing, say, medic boxes, and I forget to ask it back after the event. The next day, I try to join a rag server, and I would not be allowed to join because someone else still has my cade.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
I think something has to be done to make people bring support items. You can't complete stuff if you don't have sufficient cades. For an example, the other day we were playing hard with 16 people on the server. We had TWO people bringing Short Heavy Cades and NOONE bringing normal barricades. This was the wave before Ragnar. Seriously, if you play like 1 hard round and spec the xp in gold you have the worth of a normal barricade.
CC_Sir_Yabu - lvl 52 Wielder of the Rectal Glory
CC_Dr_Yabu - lvl 52 Pokémon
CC_Yabu_the_Hutt - lvl 52 Space Mob Member
CC_Yabudabadoo - lvl 39 Pacifist
CC_Dyabu_Unchained - lvl 10 No Comment
Visit my shop IKEY!
(13-04-2014, 04:13 PM)human_being link Wrote: I would change your request a bit to:

Agreed.
It should be fine, but is this script/change also possible?
DB_BlackWarden - DB_BlackPeltast - DB_BlackKnight - DB_BlackPavise
Alchemist 16 - ArmorSmith 21 - BlackSmith 18 - Alchemist 8
(13-04-2014, 06:16 PM)Maroon link Wrote: I think what he's saying if what if someone has happened to be lending someone else his only support item, why shouldn't that person be allowed to join if all his other gear is useful? I have had that situation myself sometimes as well, as I only have one SHC. I sometimes give someone else the SHC for an event if I'm bringing, say, medic boxes, and I forget to ask it back after the event. The next day, I try to join a rag server, and I would not be allowed to join because someone else still has my cade.
Exactly.
Characters: CC_Commando_NickyJ, CC_Ranger_NickyJ, CC_Pikeman_NickyJ, CC_Sharpshooter_NickyJ
(13-04-2014, 11:27 PM)NickyJ link Wrote: [quote author=Maroon link=topic=25183.msg173923#msg173923 date=1397413016]
I think what he's saying if what if someone has happened to be lending someone else his only support item, why shouldn't that person be allowed to join if all his other gear is useful? I have had that situation myself sometimes as well, as I only have one SHC. I sometimes give someone else the SHC for an event if I'm bringing, say, medic boxes, and I forget to ask it back after the event. The next day, I try to join a rag server, and I would not be allowed to join because someone else still has my cade.
Exactly.
[/quote]

Well, is that really a problem, don´t You set up a return trade right after someone borrows Your item so You can take back Your stuff as soon as You wants to? Secondly, if people knows that You need support items, don´t You think they will get a support item so they can join what ever mode they want to play.

We are not talking about getting wallcades, barrels or tomes here, but maybe a shc that cost less then 300k in crafting cost irc for ragnarok and a normal cade for 15k for hard.

Thanks for the feedback, but not implementing a feature to make the game more playable during public runs because You wants to lend You stuff out is not a valid point i think. And if You do not like this suggestion, what are Your ideas to address this issue or don´t You see an issue here at all?

(13-04-2014, 07:41 PM)CC_BlackKnight link Wrote: It should be fine, but is this script/change also possible?

This I can´t give an answer to, but I am sure a dev can.