Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

New Gametype Idea
Good idea. But you told that Normal has 2 gates, Hard 3 and rag 4.
But that mean that every mode has his own map(s)?
DB_BlackWarden - DB_BlackPeltast - DB_BlackKnight - DB_BlackPavise
Alchemist 16 - ArmorSmith 21 - BlackSmith 18 - Alchemist 8
@BlackSniper each mode will have a different map, normal a small village, hard a castle, and rag a multi-tiered city. @HappyMonk3y most weapons from the bots should be equippedable with no crush through and not so much speed. The refills should take 30 seconds so players don't just die for the 30 second respawn for full health/ammo.
I'd say if your respawn timer = time it takes for refill/heal, then players would just choose to die instead of running to the refill/health. That is unless you spawn too far away from the objective. But I think refills shouldn't take 30 seconds regardless. You'd be removed from the action for too long.

The way I'm imagining this mode is that there will always be at least 20 enemy bots on the player's field of vision at once, with more constantly streaming in to replace the ones that die. They'll move quickly but are individually weak in terms of damage and defense. Maybe at first there will be multiple narrow paths from which the Nords spawn and can be held at for a while. The paths eventually converge onto the objectives that the Swadians must defend. As objectives fall, the bot spawns move forward to further increase the pressure on the player.

There'd be some big imbalances between classes. If you were playing a pikeman, you'd be disadvantaged due to how often you'd have to return to refill. Archers and crossbowmen could potentially loot ammo from the corpses of enemies, nullifying the need to return to refill. Crossbowmen would probably have it the worst in terms of killing speed because of their slow reload.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
(16-04-2014, 05:52 PM)clickeverywhere link Wrote: I'd say if your respawn timer = time it takes for refill/heal, then players would just choose to die instead of running to the refill/health. That is unless you spawn too far away from the objective. But I think refills shouldn't take 30 seconds regardless. You'd be removed from the action for too long.

The way I'm imagining this mode is that there will always be at least 20 enemy bots on the player's field of vision at once, with more constantly streaming in to replace the ones that die. They'll move quickly but are individually weak in terms of damage and defense. Maybe at first there will be multiple narrow paths from which the Nords spawn and can be held at for a while. The paths eventually converge onto the objectives that the Swadians must defend. As objectives fall, the bot spawns move forward to further increase the pressure on the player.

There'd be some big imbalances between classes. If you were playing a pikeman, you'd be disadvantaged due to how often you'd have to return to refill. Archers and crossbowmen could potentially loot ammo from the corpses of enemies, nullifying the need to return to refill. Crossbowmen would probably have it the worst in terms of killing speed because of their slow reload.
I had something to say to this but I forgot what that was when I read the Hypernoma quote in your signature which I have somehow never noticed before. First thought, yup that's hyper for you. Oh now I remember. Class balancing, you have a point that some classes will be more useful, but in certain situations the others are irreplaceable. While skirmishers may have low ammo and crossbowes fireĀ  slowly, they each deal large amounts of damage and in the case of crossbones can be affirmatively effectively by all classes which could help when keeping enemies at bay before closing with the Tammy commandos to finish off weakened enemies at which time the skirmishes can refill.
StuStu-All I'll say buddy is Arbilest or however it's spelt, crafting price means nothing in NI, if you are a long time player you should know that yourself, I'm done arguing with someone who's naive as ****
[Image: lNYrB9c.png]
@ClickEverywhere The amount of time to refill should be approximately 10-15 seconds. For normal, the farthest it'll go on bot difficulty should be waves 17/19 (the mixed waves). For hard, (haven't played hard in awhile) the mixed waves of 17/19? For rag (haven't played rag for a month) the mixed waves. Of 13/15? For both hard and rag, the bot statsĀ  will be lowered by 25-50% to make them kill able without cades/tactics. Hopefully this idea will be looked over by the devs. It is possible, for I got into this mod seeing a mode like this and thought it was how NordInvasion worked.