Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Let professions be of more use!
Professions as they are right now are somewhat detached from the gameplay aspect of NordInvasion. They are important in their way, because you need them in order to craft equipment, but they do not influence the fight directly. My idea is to give them more significance, by giving proficiency and skill boosts depending on your crafting level.
IMO this idea makes sense, because when someone is an expert in making something, he usually understands how it works, and how to make best use of it. It does not mean that every blacksmith is an expert fighter, but when two fighters meet, the one who knows his tools better will be at advantage.

By this logic:
-The Blacksmith makes weapons and shields, so he should be more efficient in using them (weapon proficiencies and power skills bost).
-The Armorsmith makes armors, so he should gain armor and shield skill bonuses.
-The Alchemist is a combination of a doctor (healing kits, herbalism, resurrection tome) and an engineer (barricades, explosive barrel), so he should have his Athletics and Ironflesh skills increased.

This would allow for better customization of PCs and make them more fit to the role a player prefers to take. For example:
Class\Profession
Blacksmith
Armorsmith
Alchemist
Commando
Slasher
Shielder
Brawler
Sharpshooter
Damage oriented
Survivability oriented
Precious athletics boost
Sniper
Damage dealing oriented
Survivability oriented
Kite oriented
[b]Pikeman
Slasher
Brawler
Kite oriented

If you think that this boost would be unbalanced with classes as they are now, you could lower all skills, so by crafting level 7 they would be back to normal. This way skilled crafters (lvl 8-14) would be at advantage, while players who do not craft or craft sporadically (0-7) would be at disadvantage.

With this game mechanic implemented, you also could manipulate the boosts to keep balance between professions. For example, right now it's more difficult to level a blacksmith, so you could make the boosts more significant in order to make this profession more worthwhile without breaking the market by manipulating recipes.

I hope you like the idea, and we will see it implemented Smile.
Agree to you, Nice Idea ! :Smile
I like the idea too, but I think there should be more options in each category.
For example, I'm a two handed sword man, I don't use shield at all. I am also an armor smith, and I'd like to have the option, ether better shield skills or armor stats.
One does not simply complete Nord Invasion.