Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

WTK with how to model
Hello I'm writing about 3D programmes which are really hard to understand for me and need help with first steps for modelling

Could someone help me to be  a designer like Brego ( He is impressing me with his 3D skills) that would be my idol)

best wishes

Thranduil the unknown 3D Designer

Smile Wink
[Image: unbenannt4q62ra9gvf.png]
[Image: unbenanntsf9hye1bjl.png]
Name: [LoC]The_Social_Man
Warden

Name: [LoC]The_Social_Man_II
Chosen Marksman

Steamname: matthias[IR_Nr59]
First things first, if you want a free 3D program to work with, you'll have to choose between Blender and Wings3D. Wings is in general easier to get used to, and probably better for a beginning modeler, but Blender has quite some more options. I myself still use Wings (I know, Perception, shoot me), and I can advise you to start with that as well. If you want to get into modeling with Wings, I'd heavily recommend looking through the videos found on this topic. They're rather long, but show you the basics of Wings very clearly.
Additionally, you can check the board of that link for more tutorials on modeling and, when you get to that point, texturing.
Lastly, having a look at Senni's modeling guide can also be helpful!
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Nah, bugger that, go straight for blender! The community is much larger and the amount of tutorial videos for every situation you could come across is staggering.
YunYun "I would do a lot of things to your face"
Yuri "Yes, Yes! Use me!
Takeo  "hey hey, I'm man on trust"
Diamond "I'm not an idiot!"
Hande "it makes you to be my.. son ?"
Kip "Mmm, I love unbuilt cades on stairs"
Rammy "Pls"
Deer https://i.imgur.com/Kj0lb8N.png
Tarrod "should I show you my biceps or wat"
Blender is your best bet. It's more fluid and once you get into it, you'll have a great time speeding through modeling.

First steps? Just do it, man. Watch some tutorials, look at other people make models, try and try again to create things, don't give up when things get hard. There's a wiki for Blender, and I know the basics of Blender, so if you have any trouble just ask me.

Seriously, just do it; I stopped because I found no interest in it anymore, but if you really want to do it, go right ahead, man.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
You should listen to Terath and nana, Maroon.  Wink

Anyway, if you want to get into making models, just start and try messing around with Blender for a bit, you ll eventually get the hang of it rather soon.
(01-05-2014, 09:50 PM)-Perception- link Wrote: You should listen to Terath and nana, Maroon.  Wink

Anyway, if you want to get into making models, just start and try messing around with Blender for a bit, you ll eventually get the hang of it rather soon.

Phah. Each his own, I guess.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(01-05-2014, 09:53 PM)Maroon link Wrote: [quote author=-Perception- link=topic=25880.msg176728#msg176728 date=1398981039]
You should listen to Terath and nana, Maroon.  Wink

Phah. Each his own, I guess.
[/quote]

No. Blender is obviously better in every aspect  Wink

Also, Senni's tutorial is really amazing, and even though I don't model anymore, I can tell it would have helped me more. Good luck!
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off