Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Ballistae.
Somehow, in some way, if possible at all, even if not, add ballistaes...?

For those of you who does not know what a ballistae is:
[Image: Ballista-image.jpg]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A62J4Ls3M...e=youtu.be

It is currently being made by the mercenaries mod, but they say it will be a open source.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?t...916.0.html

HomerJay is the creator, but he locked the thread. I would suggest PMing him about it.
Well this just gets better and better!
I had made a suggestion for this in another feature request.  While it would be an interesting engineering option, or even a new static item, I do not fully support the idea of it.  Bit of devils adovcate here.  If it was an engineering deployable the loss of barricades/shields to this would be a bad idea.  As a static item it is still not perfect due to being an OP item, and would it give ranged xp?  maybe only assist xp?  does it require ammo to fire?  maybe it needs two players to run it?

I like the idea of a new way to kill nords, but I can also say I see why the Devs have some of the limits in place already.
:o  [glow=red,2,300]Missed it by.....  THAT MUCH.[/glow]  :o

[glow=red,2,300] FOR PONY!!! [/glow]
Why it mean the loss of baricades/shields???
And why would it be OP? A ballistae has a (very) slow firing mechanism, but simply because it looks big does not mean it's overpowered by definition - it would naturally have to be worked out by the devs.
I can, however, see how it's ALOT of work from the devs for a relatively small feature.
It would mean the loss of them because people would build ballistas instead of barricades/shields. (though you can argue the same about barrels)

I do like the idea though.
I do not think so - you would simply have to incorporate it in such a way that baricades still pay off.
Besides, I still see all 3 types of cades, even tho all engineers "should" only use heavy cades. The explanation is, ofcourse, that they are more expensive, and require a higher lvl to use. The same would have to be true for the balllistae.
It could also be a stationary defense system on some (or all) swadian maps, to be used by either engineers only, or everyone. We all know that swadia makes good use of crossbows, it would only make sense for them to employ anti-infantry siege weaponry such as the ballistae Smile

I repeat: They should not be OP. And they would not have too - there are endless ways you could modify/nerf this feature and still have it be a great addition to the mod.

I'm starting to wonder how hard it would be to learn texturing and modelling :p even if the devs do not decide to use this thing, I would love to simply see it work in warband, somehow.
I like the idea.
Maybe just make it really slow firing, with the ability to 1 shot through any shield, aslong as it acts like a crossbow.
With like half the hp of a barricade, of course.
Keep the ammo fairly limited means that they will be only used on the harder waves.
My thoughts exactly on the abilities of the weapon.
maybe around 200p crushthrough? (good for last waves) Smile