Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Item stat changes
what is apb?
[Image: gQUGcYN.gif?1]
(29-05-2012, 12:38 AM)mggd link Wrote: perhaps a small buff to the fearsome 62-65 to make it clearly more superior to the grinder helm because as of now it only has an extra 2 armour.

Then again, Transitional is only 2 more armor than Striped as well.
Main Characters: Lanseril (L.52 Sniper), Grundus (L.52 Pikeman), Eledwyn (L.49 Commando), Rutgard (L.52 Sharpshooter)

Does your house dare to face the Prince? Take Vlka Fenryka's Dominate the Prince! challenge.
However, theres more top tier armours than helms.

Striped is harder to attain than a grinder, almost 10x the cost. So if you made the top tiers equal in stats (fearsome=trans) interpolated the gap between with available items. There would be a much larger gap between the grinder and fearsome than striped and transitional. I think this would be better, as a fearsome is a final wave legendary, grinders a rareish drop, and the difference between them should reflect that Tongue.(imo)
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
Eh perhaps I need to elaborate. I don't have an opinion on the armor vs helmet selections, or whether helmets should be buffed. My point is simply that at the very top end, "just" 2 points of armor is a very big deal -- for starters, potentially worth millions of gold -- and should not be discounted lightly when you compare Grinder vs. Fearsome.

(29-05-2012, 03:30 PM)Senni link Wrote: Striped is harder to attain than a grinder, almost 10x the cost.

If that were a determining factor, then the Worm Bane should be buffed hugely since it's objectively inferior to its alternatives despite its enormous price tag, and so should Christmas Hats selling for tens or even hundreds of thousands, and many other examples of serious price vs power discrepancies. In the end though, market prices fluctuate constantly and are simply reflective of supply and demand, and thus should not factored in while discussing buffs or nerfs to items.
Main Characters: Lanseril (L.52 Sniper), Grundus (L.52 Pikeman), Eledwyn (L.49 Commando), Rutgard (L.52 Sharpshooter)

Does your house dare to face the Prince? Take Vlka Fenryka's Dominate the Prince! challenge.
Interesting points Tongue.

(29-05-2012, 07:41 PM)Lanseril link Wrote: Eh perhaps I need to elaborate. I don't have an opinion on the armor vs helmet selections, or whether helmets should be buffed. My point is simply that at the very top end, "just" 2 points of armor is a very big deal -- for starters, potentially worth millions of gold -- and should not be discounted lightly when you compare Grinder vs. Fearsome.

I slightly disagree here, the +2 armour isn't worth millions, its the fact the fearsomes a legendary. For example the grinder is 2+ over the next helm down, but its only ~40k more.

(29-05-2012, 07:41 PM)Lanseril link Wrote: If that were a determining factor, then the Worm Bane should be buffed hugely since it's objectively inferior to its alternatives despite its enormous price tag, and so should Christmas Hats selling for tens or even hundreds of thousands, and many other examples of serious price vs power discrepancies. In the end though, market prices fluctuate constantly and are simply reflective of supply and demand, and thus should not factored in while discussing buffs or nerfs to items.

I see your point about stats=/=price. However I think there is some form of proportionality, but only between certain classes of items. For example 'rares', average 'normal items' and 'legendaries + craftables'.

'Rares' price is almost certainly proportional to drop rate.

'normal items' prices proportional to item stats.

'Legendaries + craftables' I believe this is mainly proportional to stats, but governed by drop rate. So if you imagine a curve, stats decides its shape, and drop rate decides it's position.

Also as your probably well aware the scale of stats isn't a straight as the numbers imply, and is relative. High varies between classes.

So I was trying to balance the items between their 'classes', and fearsome and grinder just looked like they needed some love Tongue.

Your post really got me thinking lans, thanks Big Grin
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
I dont get it why there is only 2 good looking commando helms , too many native helms anyway. REPLACE DEM HERE IS 1000 OSP's  Tongue