Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

The reason for picking your character's name.
Well let me get this thread started. My character's name is Barristan, named after Ser Barristan Selmy from George Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?Barristan_Selmy

I went with Barristan because he represents values that I respect. In most online games I generally name my character Flasheart, from Black Adder.
My name used to be Gwalchmai, nice Celtic name meaning 'Hawk of May' (and apparantly also 'swamp' in Welsh), which I read about in some book. I entered a Dutch-speaking clan a year and some ago though and they couldn't pronounce it so they called me 'Kwal' (meaning jellyfish in Dutch, also slang for something like 'slimy bastard'). A fellow member even made me this neat avatar, so now it's become my favorite name to use and the best thing is, it's never occupied Tongue
Sparhawk is from two fantasy series by David Eddings called the Elenium and the Tamuli. He is the leader of a knighthood called The Pandion Kights (the reason for the name of my house). I've been using Sparhawk ever since I entered the online community several years ago.
Start the game already!
"Jeremiah The 17th of Exetria" was my suggestion for my friend Senni when he first made an account on this mod, it was a joke at the start but we seem to of become attached to our stupidly long names. Smile

When I joined the mod at christmas, I decided that I should have the Jeremiah name so I changed the 17 to a 12 and Exetria to Bedford. Not much of a backstory, but it was an amazing Skype call!
(Originally he was going to go for the seal clubber, but I told him not to as there were better names out there Wink)
(29-05-2012, 04:05 PM)Jeremiah The 12th link Wrote: "Jeremiah The 17th of Exetria" was my suggestion for my friend Senni when he first made an account on this mod, it was a joke at the start but we seem to of become attached to our stupidly long names. Smile

When I joined the mod at christmas, I decided that I should have the Jeremiah name so I changed the 17 to a 12 and Exetria to Bedford. Not much of a backstory, but it was an amazing Skype call!
(Originally he was going to go for the seal clubber, but I told him not to as there were better names out there Wink)

There is no name alive that is better than 'Merciless_Seal_Clubber'! (my clan is merciless in crpg Tongue)

This guy even designed my characters face!

Senni_Ti wise, its a very very old alias of mine Tongue. Originated in dynasty warriors 5? maybe. You could make your own character, noticed there was a senni si or something body guard, so I went for senni_ti Tongue.

Over time I just shortened to senni, since thats all anyone bothers to say anyway xD.
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
I smashed my keyboard a few years ago when registering to this online game and "Apsod" appeared on my screen, so I though "Good enough". Been using it ever since.
I'm a big fan of Edgar Allan Poe's work, The Conqueror Worm being one of my favorite poems.

A year or two back I was playing Champions Online and just the day before I had read that poem and had it stuck in my head, so my character quickly became named Conqueror_Worm. Been using it online since as I like the sound of it, and always fun when someone recognizes it. "So you like Poe do you?"

Click the link in my signature for a very good version of it on youtube.  Wink
Registering for Guild Wars.

>No name.
>Thought of one
>Bird Talon
>Birdtalon
>???
>It stuck.
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]
Used to just use my real last name because it's rather obscure for a Brit but as I was trying to create a name for a character in Neverwinter Nights, I used the random name generator and it spat out "Tennenoth", since then I've used it for all games other than FPS' where I still use my last name.
[Image: GuardTennenothSig-2hat-2.png]

Add the straw hat as a usable item. I feel naked without it!
Add back Nordic armour! I have nowhere warm to sleep now!
Avatar courtesy of Tomas of Miles.
And now comes the million dollar question