Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Staggering from non-crush through weapons
A weird thing has been happening lately which I'm wondering if it's the latest feature of the update or somethign.

Whenever multiple enemies manage to hit me when I don't already have my shield up, I keep getting staggered even after I'm keeping my shield up. The animation looks like what happens when you are getting punched/staggered. I usually can't recover from these "staggering attacks".

They seem to happen the most often when I only have one shield equipped. Also they only occur on hard or rag servers.
Did You have any support item equipped?
If You have any med kits or any barricades in Your hand, this will happen.
If You just had a shield with a 1h melee weapon or just a shield, could it have been Your ping or did You have lags?
(24-06-2014, 04:28 PM)Noname link Wrote: Did You have any support item equipped?
If You just had a shield with a 1h melee weapon or just a shield, could it have been Your ping or did You have lags?

Actually, it happens if you're holding any throwing weapon in throwing mode in your hand while holding your shield up. Since support items count as throwing weapons, it also happens with them. To counter it, either grab a one hander instead of what you were using, or, in the case of throwing weapons, switch them to melee mode.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(24-06-2014, 04:31 PM)Maroon link Wrote: [quote author=Noname link=topic=27952.msg184122#msg184122 date=1403627329]

Actually, it happens if you're holding any throwing weapon in throwing mode in your hand while holding your shield up. Since support items count as throwing weapons, it also happens with them. To counter it, either grab a one hander instead of what you were using, or, in the case of throwing weapons, switch them to melee mode.
[/quote]

That's what I thought the issue was also. Thanks.

If I'm only being staggered by one enemy, switching to a melee weapon will stop the staggering and let me regain my balance. But if I'm being attacked by 3 enemies, switching to a melee weapon doesn't seem to stop the staggering at all.

(24-06-2014, 04:40 PM)synario link Wrote: [quote author=Maroon link=topic=27952.msg184123#msg184123 date=1403627506]
[quote author=Noname link=topic=27952.msg184122#msg184122 date=1403627329]

[/quote]

That's what I thought the issue was also. Thanks.

If I'm only being staggered by one enemy, switching to a melee weapon will stop the staggering and let me regain my balance. But if I'm being attacked by 3 enemies, switching to a melee weapon doesn't seem to stop the staggering at all.

[/quote]
This can happen, because an enemy is running towards you and you get kind of kicked during switching the weapons. The easiest way is to press X and hold the shield up and wait till your teammates help you.
That's what I am doing on Rag servers when I lure some guys with Twigs or so and then you don't get killed most of the time.
[Image: Tarbs.jpg]
"I wish the germans would have melt the Eiffel Tower and make tanks to kill the french" - not telling
"I ain´t gonna drop my stuff for these guys" - Wambo
"What do you call the german Secret Service? -  SS" - not telling