Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

The Direction of the Mod
Ya I got on NA server and I found I was teleporting all over lagged less on EU  Tongue
That's so awesome Hande Big Grin
I NEVER use auto anyway so it hardly matters to me Tongue. When I had my servers up they were "Manual only" and people seemed to like it.
Start the game already!
(09-06-2012, 10:12 PM)Sparhawk link Wrote: I NEVER use auto anyway so it hardly matters to me Tongue. When I had my servers up they were "Manual only" and people seemed to like it.

she was talking bout the pk server Tongue
PEW PEW!!!! PEW PEW PEW!!!!!!!
PK_Wolfsblood: Prince kills 2 , thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsfang: thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsclaw: prince kills 2, Thor kills 1, odin kills 1
PK_Wolfman: prince kills 1
I think removing cavalry was too radical decision, considering that problem was not really in cavalry but in poor AI, it cant counter kiting well. It seems more appropriate decision was to alter AI, for example to force melee bots never make cavalry their target until it is very close to them(like bots do with barricades, they are not chasing them and only attack when they are on their way). While removing cavalry made it easier to balance things, it removed also big part of gameplay, it was fun and refreshing to play as cavalry and with cavalry players after you got bored with shieldwalling, reduced realism, wtf there are no knights in medieval, reduced immersion, wtf swadia have no horses, please remove axes from nords for balance, also no mounted enemies also suck.
Also i think at some point devs will need to alter AI anyway, cause it is easy to exploit, as a small example you can easily counter any ranged bots if you stay behind corner you can easily kill jotne wave 1 by 1 in such way.
Quote:Maybe the Dev team could add player classes Make them customized Like leveling the same but you get skill points to put into each abilities Much like c-rpg
Not like crpg but like in singleplayer, since crpg just altered it. Customizable leveling for sure is more interesting then class selection, but i wouldn't put it as high priority.
P.S.: So what is the direction of the Mod?
Altering the A.I. of Warband is extremely difficult Most of that stuff is hardcoded and not able to change this game is Old so there is unfortunately a limit on how much you can do to improve game play. especially the A.I.

Removal horses I can see why they did remove them, but taking the easy path of just removing them instead of balancing them is what also led to me QQ'ing and ragequiting.

And yes i was talking about the PK server it was the only server id play on
If the mod is moving towards more teamwork a la shield walling, maybe there could be some admittance of some specialized weapons for this sort of formation fighting like really long pikes for example.
#20108       SK_Iron_Marauder ;  Previously SK_Iron, SK_Ironhill, SB_Ironhill, Swadius_of_Ironhills
#2462148    SK_Mica ; Previously Fat_and_Ugly
#2441007    SK_Royal_Guard_Gneiss ; Previously SK_Herr_Gneiss_Preasts
#2451456    SK_Hardy_Meat_Piston
#2432942    Raicho
#2514714    Ric_Flair

We, have, long pikes already...
Start the game already!
We have one pike, and it's nowhere long enough to the real things. I think this is in part due to where the characters hold it. The models hold it far from the bottom where they're supposed to be held. Compared to the skirmisher voulge which is actually held near the bottom, and we have something that has around 30 more reach than what it actually says.
#20108       SK_Iron_Marauder ;  Previously SK_Iron, SK_Ironhill, SB_Ironhill, Swadius_of_Ironhills
#2462148    SK_Mica ; Previously Fat_and_Ugly
#2441007    SK_Royal_Guard_Gneiss ; Previously SK_Herr_Gneiss_Preasts
#2451456    SK_Hardy_Meat_Piston
#2432942    Raicho
#2514714    Ric_Flair

One pike being the pike, sun pike, pike of kings,  thunder pike or the dragon spear?
Unfortunately a pike which was anywhere near as long as the real thing would be impractical in mount and blade
as they were used mainly as stationary formation weapons which kept enemies at bay with their mere presence.
Since the mount and blade engine doesn't take into account weapons that are not being used to either block or attack
all you would have is a weapon you would have extreme difficulty judging the range of and one that would also be
near useless without a very large supporting squad keeping you alive while you tried.