Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

The Direction of the Mod
Purple is Justin Biebers favourite color!
Keep subject in topic.
(14-06-2012, 05:50 PM)Sparhawk link Wrote: Purple is fine, just make your words bigger and those people with poor eyesight can see it better.
Is this better?
but ya , Shield walling isnt my favorite thing in the world. gonna try the mod again once Na servers are back up and no lagginess and Hande! I am holding you to your word I wanna see a NA server with Manual blocking!
Shield walls get boring for me too, sadly. 
NON SENSE! Its my only purpose to sit in a shield wall afk blocking hits, and praying that i'll get an assist drop.
[Image: gQUGcYN.gif?1]
(15-06-2012, 09:06 PM)Jarold link Wrote: NON SENSE! Its my only purpose to sit in a shield wall afk blocking hits, and praying that i'll get an assist drop.

Well, I agree with Mini that it can feel like this. I think there is a place for little groups of 3 people running around slaying together. The bots tend to focus on one person leaving themselves open for attack from the other two.

I think the trick lies more in the bot AI vs what the players do. Take Prophecy of Pendor. Those bots are hard to beat because they use formations and regroup and fight together. Our Nords behave more like the Native bots -- "Run straight and kill". The only real response to that is "run straight and kill" or shield wall.

Maybe the devs could incorporate whatever mod makes the other bots fight a little smarter.
House Thalheimer: Galen (Legionnaire), Wilhelm (Warden), Johann (Chosen Marksmen), Friedrich (Master Peltast) [Engineers]
Crafting: Blacksmith Max, Armorsmith Max, Alchemy Max, Support 22, Defender 14
NI House: The Order of Scarlet Blade Scarlet Knights
NI Banners - NI Banner Prototypes

In my experience, sometimes the nord bots who have run in front of their friends sometimes back track until their friends catch up if they lock on to you. This happens a lot more in a mixed up melee than in a horde of nords chasing after a single person though.
#20108       SK_Iron_Marauder ;  Previously SK_Iron, SK_Ironhill, SB_Ironhill, Swadius_of_Ironhills
#2462148    SK_Mica ; Previously Fat_and_Ugly
#2441007    SK_Royal_Guard_Gneiss ; Previously SK_Herr_Gneiss_Preasts
#2451456    SK_Hardy_Meat_Piston
#2432942    Raicho
#2514714    Ric_Flair

Most of the time that happens if your chasing them, if you start back pedding slightly they should advance towards you again. Being Aggressive tends to make lone bots Back peddle, if that happens easiest thing to do is just stop moving instead of letting them back peddle with a bamboo spear and over heading you while you swing wildly without any pace or reason, if you don't believe me next time you are chasing a bot and it back peddles away from you just try the above.

Been playing since december. NI has always been a rage mod. It's all about rant and rage posts, some of it really existential in nature, although most are unaware of it. The non-critical posts use to be 90% ass kissing, but now most of the good old players are gone, so nobody cares anymore. No mounted combat, and maps small and cramped. Jez must be gone, and CoWorm probably dead in a ditch somewhere, or suffering from posttraumatic stress after being raped by a pack of polar bears. My guess would be the polar bears. If it's true he's playing APB, then my guess is he's going to need some serious therapy.

Hope things change soon.
Having played since December, I too have made some observations. The existential nature of discussions seems to stem from the problems occuring when the devs have an idea and implement it, but the result doesn't turn out the way they had imagined. For example massive walls of deployable shields or never-ending kiting on horseback. They try to compensate but it seems human nature can be somewhat of a letdown at times. That being said, the mod is still alive because of the larger part of players that have a sense of community and enjoy the mod for what it is.

On a final note, there's no such thing as a "pack" of polar bears, they're solitary creatures. Polar beer on the other hand usually come in (six)packs.