Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

How does leveling affect stats?
Shouldn't cav get some str/agi as well. Cav exp is already harder to get than normal exp.
(12-12-2011, 10:07 PM)Melior link Wrote: Alright, thanks. Clearly I need to put some more xp into ranged now. Just two more questions - AGI does increase swing speed, correct? And I've noticed from time to time my iron flesh or what not will increase as I level (At least I think I have). If this is the case, I assume that it increases when you reach a set amount of str or agi?
AGI does NOT affect swing speed. It only change your movement speed. AGI used to increase your weapon speed in original Mount & Blade, but not in Warband.
It does , noob
Each point in this attribute increases your attacking speed by 0.5%, and gives you an additional 5 weapon proficiency points

http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Attributes

Since it doesn't say anything about warband being different, I take it it does affect the weapon.
(13-12-2011, 05:45 PM)JOPO link Wrote: It does , noob
Wrong.
(13-12-2011, 05:49 PM)Akrakorn link Wrote: Each point in this attribute increases your attacking speed by 0.5%, and gives you an additional 5 weapon proficiency points

http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Attributes

Since it doesn't say anything about warband being different, I take it it does affect the weapon.
Also wrong, but thanks for pointing it out. I'll go and edit the wiki.

If you don't believe me, then do this. Start up Mount & Blade: Warband, open the caracter menu. Hold your cursor over Agility, read the info box. This is what it will say: "Agility: Each point gives five weapon points and slightly increases movement speed. The following skills can not be developed beyond 1/3 of Agility: weapon-master, Shield, Athletics, Riding, Horse archery, Looting."
Here, I even made a screenshot of it for all you idiots who don't believe me.
In addition, if you people would be smart enough to stop spreading false information and actually KNOW what you are talking about, then I suggest you read this post here:
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php?topic=2531.0.html

Now, stop calling people noob when you are so completely and utterly wrong that you ought to be bitchslapped through your monitor.
It says +5 weapon points. I'm fairly certain weapon points increase weapon speed Wink so AG is indirectly responsible for weapon speed and I think it can be modded so that it immediately gives weapon speed instead of weapon points

Also, what does Mounted XP provide? I saw someone claim it gives both STR and AG in a slower rate, but I don't know if that is true
I wouldnt be so sure about the modding. I believe all the stats and skills are hard coded and you cant just give them a new effect, not without WSE at least.
Also, saying that AGI increases weapon speed because it gives you weapon points that you can invest into one of the proficiency is like saying STR increases your damage with bows/throwing weapons, because you can invest the skill point into that particular skill.
If my memory serves me right, in Native, AGI does increase swing speed 0.5% per point, it was changed in cRPG because the AGI builds got swing speed bonus from their AGI and also had massive amounts of WPF.

Could be wrong, but I'm quite certain AGI did increase swing speed by 0.5% per point in Native, which seems to be mostly what this game is still running on statistically.
(16-12-2011, 05:24 PM)Nemeth link Wrote: I wouldnt be so sure about the modding. I believe all the stats and skills are hard coded and you cant just give them a new effect, not without WSE at least.
Also, saying that AGI increases weapon speed because it gives you weapon points that you can invest into one of the proficiency is like saying STR increases your damage with bows/throwing weapons, because you can invest the skill point into that particular skill.

I said indirectly, so yea.
(16-12-2011, 05:49 PM)Leesin link Wrote: If my memory serves me right, in Native, AGI does increase swing speed 0.5% per point, it was changed in cRPG because the AGI builds got swing speed bonus from their AGI and also had massive amounts of WPF.

Could be wrong, but I'm quite certain AGI did increase swing speed by 0.5% per point in Native, which seems to be mostly what this game is still running on statistically.
It DID give you a 0.5% swing speed bonus. But that was, as I mentioned earlier, in ORIGINAL Mound and Blade. NOT Mount and Blade: Warband. When they made Warband they removed it but forgot to change the text. So in the first few versions it still SAID that you got the bonus speed (but you didn't) and the only thing the patch changed was the text. So Native always had it so that AGI never gave a weapon swing speed bonus (although the 5 wpp could be spent to increase your wpf and thus speed).

Long story short: In Warband, AGI never gave you speed bonus to attacks, that was only for original Mount and Blade.