Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Ranger specific bow idea
Why not a bow for both Warden and Ranger? Warden bow could be a really fast bow, even faster than short bow, and ranger would be as described, a large damage-slow reload bow.

Also, another thing about the ranger class, give it a shield. It's a shielding-archer class, so at least give rangers access to SKS or something.
(26-07-2014, 05:11 AM)The Dark Robin link Wrote:Also, another thing about the ranger class, give it a shield. It's a shielding-archer class, so at least give rangers access to SKS or something.

I disagree with the prior point for reasons given before, but this one I can get behind.  At least a Swadian Kite Shield.

I have a feeling this thread should be in Feature Requests, though.... Wink
The fastest bow should be at 92-95. Going over that limit is a little too op imo.  Tongue
(26-07-2014, 05:17 AM)Winter link Wrote: [quote author=The Dark Robin link=topic=29422.msg189429#msg189429 date=1406351485]
Also, another thing about the ranger class, give it a shield. It's a shielding-archer class, so at least give rangers access to SKS or something.

I disagree with the prior point for reasons given before, but this one I can get behind.  At least a Swadian Kite Shield.

I have a feeling this thread should be in Feature Requests, though.... Wink
[/quote]But why? And how? Don't see why archers need a shield and if they did equip a shield they would not be able to bring in a weapon (unless bows could be placed in Support Items)
(26-07-2014, 10:34 PM)ExPressive link Wrote: But why? And how? Don't see why archers need a shield and if they did equip a shield they would not be able to bring in a weapon (unless bows could be placed in Support Items)

That is a fair point.  Rangers could be set so that one of their items could be put into their Support slot or get special items for that, perhaps special Ranger shields, or we could just be stuck with Rangers that see a team needs shielders and equip a 1h and two shields and forego ranged weapons altogether as many Pavise Champions do (1h, 2 shields, and a support item).  To make that actually worthwhile for Rangers, though, they are going to need access to a decent shield.

This topic is going all over the place.
(26-07-2014, 10:46 PM)Winter link Wrote: [quote author=ExPressive link=topic=29422.msg189577#msg189577 date=1406414071]
But why? And how? Don't see why archers need a shield and if they did equip a shield they would not be able to bring in a weapon (unless bows could be placed in Support Items)

That is a fair point.  Rangers could be set so that one of their items could be put into their Support slot or get special items for that, perhaps special Ranger shields, or we could just be stuck with Rangers that see a team needs shielders and equip a 1h and two shields and forego ranged weapons altogether as many Pavise Champions do (1h, 2 shields, and a support item).  To make that actually worthwhile for Rangers, though, they are going to need access to a decent shield.

This topic is going all over the place.
[/quote]Haha why not those shields from WFAS? They are small shields strapped to your arm but you can still use a bow with it, if you feel the need to block an incoming projectile or weapon you can simply block with the shield then and there, no need to take one out and equip it.
People could use whatever set up they want, but they need to have the option to, which they don't right now.

What I personally would do is:
bow
arrows
shield
SHC

As for shields from WFAS, WFAS resources are not available for Warband mods, a few mods have already run into trouble by using WFAS resources.
(26-07-2014, 11:34 PM)The Dark Robin link Wrote: People could use whatever set up they want, but they need to have the option to, which they don't right now.

What I personally would do is:
bow
arrows
shield
SHC

As for shields from WFAS, WFAS resources are not available for Warband mods, a few mods have already run into trouble by using WFAS resources.
Ah allright, the more you know Tongue
I'm not sure why a ranger would need to equip a shield.  It's role isn't to be a shielder, it's to be an archer that can take a few more hits and shield in an emergency (let's face it, 6 shielding is nothing on rag).  The point of the raised shield skill is so that a ranger could pick up a spare shield from a commando and step in if a shielder goes down or the cades break; pretty much anywhere that a gap needs to be filled for a brief period of time.  A ranger specific bow could be cool but it seems like the class which really needs some gear love is Warden (they do specialize in BOWS after all :l).  Besides, ranger already gets that fancy house crafted armor to wear around Tongue
Yeah, but the point is to have a choice. Say, if it were a small group run with no inf, I would like to have something better than an old heater shield in that case. Not every run is 16 people and perfectly balanced. The fact that warden should have its own bow as well is not a valid argument against the ranger specific bow. We can have both. Wink