Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Ranger specific bow idea
If you want to shield you should pick a class with better than 6 shielding.  I think I explained pretty clearly why that stat is there.  If you are on a small team with no infantry why would you be cading with a shielder at all?  Why not just kite or block off with cades so that you don't need to rely on a shielder?  I just don't see why it would make sense to give a class that doesn't specialize in archery the specific bow.  Where is the sentinel only bow?  For that matter where is the adventurier only xbow?  Why doesn't legionnaire get it's own special 2h weapon?  On that point, I think royal guard deserves throwing weapons that are unique as it does get a whopping 2 power throw.
Again, your trying to use sarcasm as an argument. Sarcasm is a tool for mocking, not serious discussion.

The purpose of this thread as I see it, and what I'm arguing for, is a few extra bits of ranger equipment. And, I will tell you, this is minimal work. Finding an OSP weapons pack is as easy as going to the Taleworlds forum and clicking the "OSP Resources" link. There should be a unique Warden bow. I agree. The fact that there is not is no argument against a unique ranger bow. One does not harm the other. Same for Sentinel, a unique sentinel bow would be great as well. But that is not what I am trying to argue for, I am talking about the ranger only, and if that means a new bow is created for the other classes to balance, that would be equally great. Smile

As for the shield, you are using the fact that there are other options available as an argument against having another option. If I were to use the language of sarcastic hyperbole, then I would say something like this: "Well, I could try to get a job and pay for my apartment, but I'll just keep leeching off my parents without even bothering to try to look for a job, because I can do that, so whats the point in even having another option? Let's ban people from searching for new jobs because I refuse to."
Now, in the language of mature discussion, I say this: The two options you present in the given situation are both good and viable. However, that is not a reason not to add another option, with the minimal work involved in making the SKS or whatever shield they choose available to the ranger class. What if, say, the scene was Hyper's Hell and the cades broke, with another couple of waves until the spawn wave? Would you have this team unnecessarily wipe even when there is a perfectly capable shielder there, just because you blankly reject a suggestion because of the person giving said suggestion? Look at the message, not the messenger, and try again. There is no decent reason that I have found someone give so far against having more options. This doesn't make other options any less viable, just increases the options available, which in opinion, is never a bad thing.
I'm pretty sure I gave you plenty of reasons.  At the end of the day you need to remember the role of your class.  A ranger is not a primary shielder - it was clearly not intended to be and I don't think that role will change.  The fact that you want to shield so badly on an all ranged run suggests to me that you have chosen the wrong class.  As a backup shielder there is no reason to bring in a shield of your own; there will be plenty all over the ground and archers just love picking them up (they look so pretty on your back while shooting!).  My "sacrastic mocking" was intended to prove a point (I'm pretty sure that's what you do in a debate - prove points).  As the point was clearly missed I shall try to simplify it for you a bit.  You are asking for a hero specific item which in no way reflects the intended use of the class.  As a ranger, you already are able to equip the elmwood and ebony bows - both locked to hero classes (all).  You also gain access to better cheap house crafted armor which allows you to take more damage than other hero archers.  This allows you to support the team by picking up a commando shield, step in to the gaps, fill as needed and take a few hits in the process.  Then back to shooting. 
    Before you get all bothered about this (again) let me say that I am in no way opposed to adding new gear for heroes.  At the same time I don't see any need to add something like a bow to a ranger when the class that specializes in bows (warden) is left with nothing.  Sure these things would be cool but I think with an upcoming patch being sorted out there are much more important things to worry about than adding items to a class which really doesn't need them yet. 
              In reguards to Rangers being able to bring in better shields than what they can currently bring, i dont think that is a good idea. Giving rangers the ability to bring in a shield like an sks would be rather useless for most hard and rag runs and would only really server a point in normal modes. I dont see Rangers as being a class that is supposed to bring in a shield either. The way i see rangers is as a Archer that when/if a shielder goes down and the nords start flooding in they can pick up a shield off of the ground and fill the gap for the remainder of the current wave.
              That all being said the ability to bring in a shield would defeat the purpose of being an archer. As it is archers can bring in a bow, arrows, a melee weapon, and a support item. Having better shields availible would make it so the archer would either not have a melee weapon, or lose a bow/arrows. This would decrease the combat effectiveness of the class as an archer.

I also agree that the Ranger should not get a bow when the Warden does not have a specific bow of its own. While i do think the ranger should get a bow (Since it does get a minor boost to archery) it should not happen before the warden gets 2-3 bows of its own. Of those 2-3 wardens should get 1 legendary and 1 high level house crafted at least. The ranger should definitely get better armour though. Currently the Ranger has one piece of armor that is specific for the class. This armour (For people that do not know) Has 5 body armour less than commando marketplace and weighs 25. This armour, while good, is very heavy. Combined with the 1 less athletics than other two classes it makes rangers very slow. Rangers should definitely get armour that is lighter than that and have similar/ higher defense stats.

Map Thread
[Image: 76561198038983603.png]
Bane of the Germans
Email: midren@nordinvasion.com
2015-07-14 Knight Helmet
2015-08-01 Gothic Plate
2017-12-08 Black Arrows
2018-05-25 Tempest
2019-09-01 Dragon Spear
should make it like that huge bow in dark souls and have really slow draw but huge damage+pierce shields&knockdown
Steam Profile - http://steamcommunity.com/id/ruffenuff

NI Greatest Hits:
ha so not a big shot a big bow
my set up would be
ssbow
war aarows going to be bronze
much op Fire Blade
sks

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
For me it's quite obvious...If you want to shield you choose Infantry. If you want to shoot you choose archer or crossbowman. However, if you want to do more dmg you choose x-bowman and if you want to be faster you choose archer. Why do people want to creat some kind of OP class? I don't see point of adding "bigger" (dealing more dmg) but slower bow. Those 4 classes being able to choose now have been made for some certain purpose. I could only agree about adding more items but I beg you - do not make crossbowman from archer or infantry from archer.
As it was said before, ranger should only shield in emergency if shielder dies or cades break.
As regards the hero classes I wouldn't change anything, it should stay like it is now:
  • Warden - faster shooting and more dmg (should have some bows usable only by him)
  • Ranger - some decent heavy armors and more health(also some armors usable only by him)
  • Sentinel - more 1h dmg (same as above)
Legendaries looted:
• 07.11.2013 - Durendal
• 28.02.2017 - Thanos Legacy
• 05.03.2017 - Ornate Arming Helmet
• 05.03.2018 - Ailadrodd

[Image: v1.png]
Some interesting discussion here, some less so. There is more than one idea being raised here. Ranger's with shields is a bit of a reach so that will probably not be implemented. Some ranger specific bow ideas are interesting but we are trying to get their armour right first.