Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Item modifiers
I've been thinking recently of adding item modifiers in the game (lordly, masterwork items, etc...).

Why not make them available through crafting? Blacksmiths would be able to increase the modifier of a weapon, armorsmiths would do the same for armour and alchemists for horses (well, let's say they're making them stronger by giving them some sort of magical potion). It would be divided by tiers, i.e a level 3 armorsmith could only increase the modifier of cloth armors, while a lvl 6 could do it up to leather. It should have a pretty high cost though (especially for +3), since a full +3 set does give a big advantage. It would also make crafters much more useful.

However, I think bots should be able to get this better equipment, so that players don't get too much of a stat advantage over them. Why not make each bot have a 40% chance to spawn with +0 items (regular), 30% chance to have +1, 20% to have +2 and 10% to have +3? It would spice things up a little, especially if you encounter a lucky huscarl with a full lordly set  Smile.

Your thoughts?

This isn't cRPG and there is enhancing through Alchemy.... Though I do very muchlike the idea of upgrades kinda like Skyrim Tongue
(14-12-2011, 11:12 PM)Gomer link Wrote: This isn't cRPG and there is enhancing through Alchemy.... Though I do very muchlike the idea of upgrades kinda like Skyrim Tongue

You do realize those prefixes come from native? And afaik there is no enhancing through alchemy.
(15-12-2011, 12:32 AM)Nemeth link Wrote: [quote author=Gomer link=topic=313.msg3057#msg3057 date=1323904342]
This isn't cRPG and there is enhancing through Alchemy.... Though I do very muchlike the idea of upgrades kinda like Skyrim Tongue

You do realize those prefixes come from native? And afaik there is no enhancing through alchemy.
[/quote]

Yes I know there from native my Single player account has like 50 LOL and I meant it should be through Alchemy you 'Enchant" Weapons and through Smithing you "Sharpen" swords and "Reforge" Armour through smithing.... Just an  idea!
So, could something like this be done? It would really make crafting more interesting & useful.
(02-01-2012, 01:44 PM)Deathwhisper link Wrote: So, could something like this be done? It would really make crafting more interesting & useful.
It is possible and I have an idea!