Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

My thoughts on a lack of mid-level priced one handers for commandos
any ideas for stats? I seem to be pretty terrible at suggesting weapon stats so I'll let somebody else do it.  Tongue
I looking through the house crafting and I saw the tempered steel falchion
Damage: 50 Cut
Speed: 100
Length: 101
Weight: 1.5
Useable By: Commando
And I think it fits into the 800k to one million dollar range
(29-07-2014, 10:30 PM)JerrePrawnfield link Wrote: I looking through the house crafting and I saw the tempered steel falchion
Damage: 50 Cut
Speed: 100
Length: 101
Weight: 1.5
Useable By: Commando
And I think it fits into the 800k to one million dollar range

Nope.  The crafting cost for both is identical to that of the Frost Fang and other Legionnaire only swords, which are about 2.5 million right now I think.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

For the weapon I'm making I thought of what some people suggested; to make a pierce and a blunt mode on it, the pierce side with extra penetration, the blunt side with a bit less damage but with knockdown. Although that sounds like a weapon worth far more than 800k. Tongue
Of course, stats on weapons I make aren't my call, but that's the idea I based it off of.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Without extra penetration and knockdown that weapon might be worth around 1 mio, but with them it could be legendary or high craftable worth more than 5 mio.
I've done some digging, and I found some unused meshes in the gamefiles that might suit this elegantly:

I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Like Maroon said it depends on the stats.  The Morning star has knock down, and I would not be surprised if it had pierce damage, and it is not worth anywhere close to 1 million.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

(29-07-2014, 11:18 PM)Sargent Q link Wrote: Like Maroon said it depends on the stats.  The Morning star has knock down, and I would not be surprised if it had pierce damage, and it is not worth anywhere close to 1 million.

The morning star is also a 2hd weapon. I'm guessing a dedicated 1-hander morningstar would be more expensive. (although it can be used with a shield)

@maroon: those weapons look pretty clearly like pierce-weapons (lacking the hammer that your previous model had). I personally think making a pierce weapon gives us far more flexibility considering blunt weapons are generally extremely heavy, which means they generally make good one-handers.

The reason the headcrusher is able to have such high blunt damage (40b!!) is because its so short. Assuming we're trying to make a semi-realistic weapon. (It would be ridiculously to see somebody swinging around a HWH one-handed, for example)

I feel like I'm stating the obvious here.  :-X
Some corrections mornigstar has crushtrough not knockdown  Wink
(29-07-2014, 10:25 PM)synario link Wrote: any ideas for stats? I seem to be pretty terrible at suggesting weapon stats so I'll let somebody else do it.  Tongue

41P
87 length
92 speed

It's perfectly balanced and perfectly useless. If it gets any better, head crusher would be too huge of a joke, Vengeance would be useless(as if it isn't already though). Steel cutter will either be massively more useful due or absolutely useless. The real issue is you can't balance C and P/B weapons when they follow the same set of rules. Pikeman avoids this largely by having P weapons stab while C weapons slash, which prevents overlap and allows for a balanced weapon tree. This type of overlap prevents an even balancing. Even if the stats are 100% perfect, and they never will be, the weapon will either be the best or the worst, so it's pointless to worry. Make it nice and make people actually want to use the weapon, or make it "balanced" and make it useless like a lot of weapons.