Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Bows with 2+ bowstrings
Hey guys, Wink
I'm mostly playing archer and wanted to know whether it was possible to add bows with more than one bowstring to the game.
What do You think about it?
It'll be cool but I think bows like that (Compound bows) are too modern for this game.
[Image: Untitled-1.gif]
"time is money jaja and loot" - Blame
Well, i didn't think about adding a bow like the one in the picture, but model a new one with 2 or more bowstrings that fits the NI style
Don't really see why we would need this but if there's a model, why not.
Appareantly I gave most of my loot chance to Fara. Mostly AFG, rise from the ashes from time to time.

Loots:
Shield of Kings - 18.10.2014
Dwarf Axe - 16.01.2017

CC_Wild_Garlic_Pesto
CC_Green_Pesto
CC_RNG_sits_on_my_face

-"Every fart is a gamble now" Bluzark 19.02.2017
hmmm maybe a bow that fires 2 arrows at once? maybe warden only, is it possible?
Don't suicide yourself. Bradapple 07/01/2015

And last thing im gonna say is dont make my point to another way. - Gandhi
(12-08-2014, 04:33 PM)Elmo link Wrote:hmmm maybe a bow that fires 2 arrows at once? maybe warden only, is it possible?

i think it is possible  Smile

[Image: pvGbRo.jpg]
Well, it is possible ingame (Have a look at the Einherjar Sniper; they shoot several arrows at once, similar to Odin, Jotnes and so on throwing multiple spears)
Let me just shut down that idea here and now: Swadians will never shoot or throw multiple projectiles at once.

As far as bows with multiple strings go....  That is pretty impractical and there is no historical evidence that I could find of any such thing existing.  The "strings" you see on a compound bow are actually all just one cord wrapped around pullies.  You only knock the arrows on the segment farthest back.  There is a variety of compound bow where the cords in the middle are separate from the "shooting string" but those are, again, compound bows, not period bows.
Well, there is no evidence (I know) that such bows were used before already, but I just wanted to know whether this kind of bows could be implemented for their good look, not for shooting several missiles at once
Yes, but I saw people starting to go off on that tangent.  Feature Requests tend to enjoy going off topic Wink

The compound bow is very far out of period for NI as the first few made came out in the late 1960s (yeah yeah, the first few made for testing purposes were in the early 1960s, but the patent wasn't until 1969), so I'm relatively sure it won't be added.