Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Tiny Hero Class Changes (Discount week)
just in regards to halberdier shield skill.

if commando is meant to be THE shielding class at 6 shield at t4 then why are halbs being discouraged from shielding when their shield skill is 7.  but what really  doesent make sense is that halb only has access to the swadian kite shield etc when a t4 commander at 6 shield skill can use some of the best shields in the game from the house craftable tree.

I really think halb needs some love in in the shields it can use. Most of the time when a shielder dies it is because his shield has cracked and he is cut to pieces, in this instance there are no scraps to pick up from, that is to say, no shields to grab and fill in with.

On the rare occasion i have seen halbs join a server i can tell you now they won't and don't waste one of their precious 3 slots on a crappy swadian kite shield when the pikeman classes are already strapped for ammo.

I like to think of the pavisse and the halb as being similar in the type of Hero they are, except pavisse is waaay OP in that they can shoot just as well shield pretty much the same as a royal guard and have the second best armour tree in the game. When I compare halb to the pavisse...well...you get where I'm coming from. if pavisse can use the tower shield and shield of kings (two best shields in game on what's meant to be a shooty class) then I think the halb should have access to some decent shields as well, even if it is just banner guards or defender shields. But, if they aren't meant to be the shield class, but, rather, be the tanky slasher, Then for god sakes don't tease us with the skill because it's bloody black swan when a halb either brings in a shield or happens to get the old shielders shield that's not been broken (unlikely) and then last the rest of the wave on a half cracked shield.

I dunno, that's just my opinion on the halbs shielding skill and shields, no offence intended i just think that in a game where the shield wall is being pushed on us with the nerf of kitting and sudden improvement in cadeing spots, there are scarce hero classes that can shield with some efficiency (2 out of the 12 hero classes are efficient at shielding).

(16-09-2014, 07:37 AM)madjosh link Wrote: just in regards to halberdier shield skill.

if commando is meant to be THE shielding class at 6 shield at t4 then why are halbs being discouraged from shielding when their shield skill is 7.  but what really  doesent make sense is that halb only has access to the swadian kite shield etc when a t4 commander at 6 shield skill can use some of the best shields in the game from the house craftable tree.

I really think halb needs some love in in the shields it can use. Most of the time when a shielder dies it is because his shield has cracked and he is cut to pieces, in this instance there are no scraps to pick up from, that is to say, no shields to grab and fill in with.

On the rare occasion i have seen halbs join a server i can tell you now they won't and don't waste one of their precious 3 slots on a crappy swadian kite shield when the pikeman classes are already strapped for ammo.

I like to think of the pavisse and the halb as being similar in the type of Hero they are, except pavisse is waaay OP in that they can shoot just as well shield pretty much the same as a royal guard and have the second best armour tree in the game. When I compare halb to the pavisse...well...you get where I'm coming from. if pavisse can use the tower shield and shield of kings (two best shields in game on what's meant to be a shooty class) then I think the halb should have access to some decent shields as well, even if it is just banner guards or defender shields. But, if they aren't meant to be the shield class, but, rather, be the tanky slasher, Then for god sakes don't tease us with the skill because it's bloody black swan when a halb either brings in a shield or happens to get the old shielders shield that's not been broken (unlikely) and then last the rest of the wave on a half cracked shield.

I dunno, that's just my opinion on the halbs shielding skill and shields, no offence intended i just think that in a game where the shield wall is being pushed on us with the nerf of kitting and sudden improvement in cadeing spots, there are scarce hero classes that can shield with some efficiency (2 out of the 12 hero classes are efficient at shielding).

Halberdiers dont even have access to SKS m8, thats why i was shitty when i got it. Has 7 shield skill, more then a T4 commando, uses this thing:

[Image: 5vCmXfj.png]

The top Master Peltast and Marauder armour is the exact same as the top Halberdier armour. I went Halberdier in hopes if being able to have a higher likely hood of survival on EU servers, with that in mind I wanted to be able to take more hits then a pikemen (Yes, you can, but the armour is the same, which is silly), decently nimble (Impossible with that 30 weight on Master Halberdier Armour, cant even backpedal propperly), use that 7 shield skill and equip a 1 hander (I was planning on going in with a Fell Edge, SKS, Naval Glaive and then just picking up a CTS), but yeah, it's just so unbalanced and definitely needs attention to many areas.

Marauder on the other hand is extremely OP when put behind a shield wall with a naval glaive, 8 power strike, that is heaps for a pikeman, not only does the marauder have extremely powerful hits with melee, it still has over powered throwing, it's speed doesn't decrease, it's health doesn't decrease as from a regular pikeman,  it's armour is the same as the "Tank class" pikeman so no speed loss. I mean, take a look at zweihander:

[Image: XN7sYgm.png]

Now take a look at marauder.

[Image: cZJq54R.png]

I mean shit, it's got the same powerstrike as a zweihander, same polearm:2h ratio, it's got only 1 less iron flesh, it can throw rupturers, it can outrun most nords, it has almost the same shielding skill as a T4 commando, it has the same armour as the tankier pikeman class.

With all this in mind, why on earth would you even player halberdier or zweihander, i mean, with zweihander, might as well go marauder, you're most likely not going to shield (emphasis on the most likely), you got the same power strike, same polearm 2h ratio, stronger weapons, can throw rupturers (lol), can outrun nords that get close to you and then whats the point of being halberdier if a bloody marauder has the same armour value as you.

I hope you see my point lol.
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015
(16-09-2014, 08:10 AM)Slayer link Wrote: The top Master Peltast and Marauder armour is the exact same as the top Halberdier armour. I went Halberdier in hopes if being able to have a higher likely hood of survival on EU servers, with that in mind I wanted to be able to take more hits then a pikemen (Yes, you can, but the armour is the same, which is silly), decently nimble (Impossible with that 30 weight on Master Halberdier Armour, cant even backpedal propperly), use that 7 shield skill and equip a 1 hander (I was planning on going in with a Fell Edge, SKS, Naval Glaive and then just picking up a CTS), but yeah, it's just so unbalanced and definitely needs attention to many areas.

Well I think we have already established that the gear on the Halberdier is going to need some changes. We fixed it some time ago but there needs to be a patch for it to be implemented.
Small correction regarding the Marauder: they can't bring Rupturers into the game (though they can probably pick them up).
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
(16-09-2014, 08:18 AM)Barristan link Wrote: [quote author=Slayer link=topic=31914.msg197900#msg197900 date=1410855014]The top Master Peltast and Marauder armour is the exact same as the top Halberdier armour. I went Halberdier in hopes if being able to have a higher likely hood of survival on EU servers, with that in mind I wanted to be able to take more hits then a pikemen (Yes, you can, but the armour is the same, which is silly), decently nimble (Impossible with that 30 weight on Master Halberdier Armour, cant even backpedal propperly), use that 7 shield skill and equip a 1 hander (I was planning on going in with a Fell Edge, SKS, Naval Glaive and then just picking up a CTS), but yeah, it's just so unbalanced and definitely needs attention to many areas.

Well I think we have already established that the gear on the Halberdier is going to need some changes. We fixed it some time ago but there needs to be a patch for it to be implemented.
[/quote]

It's not just a gear issue IMO. How i see it is that legionnaire is basically a commando, that has decent throwing skills. A halberdier, is a pikeman with more armour, iron flesh and shielding, now with this shielding, you should have the ability to have a DECENT 1h access, as the legionnaire gains throwing wpf. That is just my opinion.

(16-09-2014, 08:23 AM)clickeverywhere link Wrote: Small correction regarding the Marauder: they can't bring Rupturers into the game (though they can probably pick them up).

[Image: Xxco9Of.png] Wink
Legendary Drops:
Legacy - April 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Wait, so can halberdiers not throw rupturers as well?

Also, I'm not arguing that the classes aren't imbalanced. Just wanted to clarify.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
(16-09-2014, 08:29 AM)Slayer link Wrote: It's not just a gear issue IMO. How i see it is that legionnaire is basically a commando, that has decent throwing skills. A halberdier, is a pikeman with more armour, iron flesh and shielding, now with this shielding, you should have the ability to have a DECENT 1h access, as the legionnaire gains throwing wpf. That is just my opinion.

I think you might be a bit confused as to the role of a halberdier.

[Image: mandy%2Bp.jpg]
(16-09-2014, 08:10 AM)Slayer link Wrote: Halberdiers dont even have access to SKS m8, thats why i was shitty when i got it. Has 7 shield skill, more then a T4 commando, uses this thing:

lol, well there you go.

it's not that i'm completely dissing the class, i think it has it merits and would be an interesting addition to any team but as barristan has said he will address, the gear does not fit the skills at its current stage. I look forward to what the devs have in mind for this class. might pick one up in the meantime and save myself 550k later on Tongue

p.s. don't be ridiculous slayer, fell edge and more 1h proficiency on a halb...i think you mean wormbane and 2h proficiency.
(16-09-2014, 08:31 AM)clickeverywhere link Wrote: Wait, so can halberdiers not throw rupturers as well?

Also, I'm not arguing that the classes aren't imbalanced. Just wanted to clarify.

They can throw them as well, however the throwing ability with halberdier is semi-reduntant as they can't even run away. I was just simply stating that marauders have access to this over powered ability as well.

(16-09-2014, 08:33 AM)Barristan link Wrote: [quote author=Slayer link=topic=31914.msg197903#msg197903 date=1410856149]It's not just a gear issue IMO. How i see it is that legionnaire is basically a commando, that has decent throwing skills. A halberdier, is a pikeman with more armour, iron flesh and shielding, now with this shielding, you should have the ability to have a DECENT 1h access, as the legionnaire gains throwing wpf. That is just my opinion.

I think you might be a bit confused as to the role of a halberdier.

[Image: mandy%2Bp.jpg]
[/quote]

Each to their own. I suppose the shielding skill is wasted and pointless, as you said. Not having a go at you, but how would you really understand the role of the class if you've been afg and haven't played with the hero classes for hundreds, or thousands of hours, or even 10? I mean yeah, numbers tell you stats, but unless you've been in these "Emergency" situations multiple times with the class at hand, you can't necessarily pull a concise judgement.
Legendary Drops:
Legacy - April 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
(16-09-2014, 08:34 AM)madjosh link Wrote: [quote author=Slayer link=topic=31914.msg197900#msg197900 date=1410855014]

Halberdiers dont even have access to SKS m8, thats why i was shitty when i got it. Has 7 shield skill, more then a T4 commando, uses this thing:

lol, well there you go.

it's not that i'm completely dissing the class, i think it has it merits and would be an interesting addition to any team but as barristan has said he will address, the gear does not fit the skills at its current stage. I look forward to what the devs have in mind for this class. might pick one up in the meantime and save myself 550k later on Tongue

p.s. don't be ridiculous slayer, fell edge and more 1h proficiency on a halb...i think you mean wormbane and 2h proficiency.
[/quote]

Wormbane op!
Legendary Drops:
Legacy - April 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Penetrator - April 2015