Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Tiny Hero Class Changes (Discount week)
AFK shielding is out of style. Now the cool kids go outside the shield wall and slash from there! Also, moving shield walls.

Now, I've played around with the halberdier for around two hours. Having played halberdier, I can say I am happy to have chosen master peltast on my other character. The additional damage and slight increase to accuracy are invaluable. I'll agree with the other posts in the thread that the halberdier is lacking in armor choices -- especially as a class based upon survivability and armor. Not to mention, the highest level craftable body armor available to them appears to be 3x the weight of the eastern full scale, making halberdiers even slower than their alternative-pikemen-hero compatriots (as if the missing 2 athletics was not enough). Additionally, the 3x weight carries with it two less armor than the Eastern Full Scale. I know it's a legendary, but it's also useable by all pikemen. It's such a versatile armor that it makes the halberdier armors seem completely terrible in comparison. Since the whole point of the halberdier class seems to be "bulky pikeman", I'd say it should outclass the other hero pikemen in this respect at least. Add more body armor to the halb only armors and it'll make the 30 weight worth it.

I believe it was suggested in another thread to open up hand armor choices for halberdiers, and I'll definitely have to agree with that. T4 crossbowmen have access to very good hand armor. Why not give halberdiers access to those same choices? (maybe even include the choice of using studded). According to the swadian equipment guide, the only head armor unlocked from going halberdier is the Thanos legacy. There aren't many choices, really, unless you're rolling in dough. As it is now, the halberdier is not capable of excelling in what it was meant to do -- that is, be a tanky pikeman (who can preferably survive a few slashes from royal assassins). (Also, I strongly disagree with the notion of a tanky, slow pikeman as it goes against everything a pikeman should strive to be, but that's a story for another time).

Long story short, give the halberdier a bigger wardrobe.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma

Messages In This Thread
Re: Tiny Hero Class Changes (Discount week) - by madjsoh - 11-09-2014, 05:46 AM
Re: Tiny Hero Class Changes (Discount week) - by madjsoh - 16-09-2014, 07:37 AM
Re: Tiny Hero Class Changes (Discount week) - by madjsoh - 16-09-2014, 08:34 AM
Re: Tiny Hero Class Changes (Discount week) - by clickeverywhere - 17-09-2014, 08:01 AM