Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Flintstones and craftable coal for alchemists
Hi there,
Just a simple thought I've had a while ago and after a discouraging server crash (wave 19, EU10, iirc) I thought I might aswell write it down:

Considering the low count of alchemist's recipes, it was time some new ones were implemented. I'd suggest coal. Why? Because coal is really easily made, by burning wood (simplified). I can imagine that you developers made coal lootable as a semi-rare item, because  you want the game to be challenging. But by just making coal craftable, there does not have to be a loss of challenge. I pictured it this way:

Level needed for crafting coal: 9 or 10, considering the gap.
Experience granted: Something between 45 and 55 should be fine, I guess.
Items needed for 1 unit of coal: 2x sturdy wood (basically because plain wood would be too easy to get), 2x hydra leave (you need something that would ignite faster than the wood) and 1x flintstone

The flintstone could replace the coal being dropped by f.e. zweihanders and einherjars and also may find usage in later recipes for alchemists, considering that fire is being used alot in chemistry. On the other hand this, of course, would mean that you could no longer loot coal. Then again: Why would you loot coal off zweihanders or undead honorable warriors anyway..?

I think this idea would not make the game less challenging (a bit more, actually, because a flintstone would equal coals prize and coal itself would be flintstone+2xsturdy wood's prize), but add one new recipe to poor alchemist's recipe count, also a new material that might come in handy in future ones.

Thanks for reading.

Edit: No, I am not an alchemist. Pure altruism  Smile
RubianVendris - master peltast - level 17 alchemist
SirMottarionVendris - comando/militia/crossbowman - level 17 blacksmith
DargomVendris - sniper/infantry - level 20 armorsmith
EnaraVendris - sharpshooter - alibi-alchemist
It's a nice idea, guess it could work out Smile I just don't think coal should be any more expensive though, if the drop is replaced as in your suggestion it should be a more common drop.
[move][align=center] S[color=blue]o[color=green]p[color=purple]h[color=brown]i[color=teal]e[/move]
[align=center][Image: whnwaa.jpg]
The reason Coal is worth so much is because of its low drop-rate and the limited pool of nords that can drop it. Would these flintstones drop more often than coal currently does, or otherwise? More readily available coal might help the current inflation.
Captain_Stoogey
I'd imagine the flintstone to be a marketplace good.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
i like this idea quite a bit actually. i do believe though the idea for mats necessary you put forward might increase coal cost to something higher than it is. other than maybe changing the mats around a bit i really like this idea.
PEW PEW!!!! PEW PEW PEW!!!!!!!
PK_Wolfsblood: Prince kills 2 , thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsfang: thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsclaw: prince kills 2, Thor kills 1, odin kills 1
PK_Wolfman: prince kills 1
This should be created at Once!
Well, of course you can modify the basic idea.. but it's good to see that it's only details that seem to need some adjustment; judging from the comments, that is. Anyway, I'm also content with having flintstones on regular market or - as also proposed - having them as something between common and semi-rare drop. Thanks for commenting  Smile
RubianVendris - master peltast - level 17 alchemist
SirMottarionVendris - comando/militia/crossbowman - level 17 blacksmith
DargomVendris - sniper/infantry - level 20 armorsmith
EnaraVendris - sharpshooter - alibi-alchemist
Coal is not made from burning wood. In fact, you don't burn anything.
Dogs of War's Alpha Male.
Coal is holy thing!! Imagine, what will happen with prices of Steel, Black Steel and Woven Steel if these flintstones are in mod?!My answer is NO!
Also, if Steel's price will go down, prices of all items using Coal/Steel/Black STeel/Woven Steel in crafting also will go down! Auction will be crazy, because everyone will be going to find REAL price for coal and other items using it.
As free as an eagle in the sky...
My chars
Headhunters_FireTroll-46 lvl commando+xbow
[DP]FireGoblin-45 lvl sniper+inf
Headhunters_FireOrc-21 lvl heavy crossbowman
DP_FireOgre-43 lvl pikeman
[Image: 21076638.png]