Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

support and FP
an idea inspired by two topics. how about using FP to unlock support classes, either needing a certain amount of FP to unlock a support class or spending FP to unlock, this would mean new players/characters can get a support class without slowing there progress in levels.

good luck and have fun, remember other players are people too, make sure they want to help against the nord menace Wink
Factions points are earned through quests.  I don't see many players that are less than T3 finishing quests often, especially the more difficult ones, so no support for them.  In fact, I've known many players to stick purely to medicing all the way to T4 because they see other people on the team as more useful shielding/shooting/slashing Nords while they keep them alive.  It seems a bit counterproductive to make quests that require killing Nords be the requirement to get support classes to bring in medic boxes for the people that specifically don't kill many Nords and heal the team instead (argument for healers only).  For Engineers, remember how many high FP reward quests people used to finish at T1, T2, and I guess even T3 if there weren't high level players dropping them good equipment (which would then usually get most of the kills anyways Tongue).

That being said, I do still like the idea to an extent.  If Faction Points could become a sort of alternate currency for leveling support, and thus not removing the ability to level up with assist XP, that would be cool.

The idea I like most, however, is making Support XP be like the Cav bar.  You convert Assist Experience into Support Experience at a set ratio like Cav, Melee, and Ranged XP.  This XP can then contribute towards you level.  The Support Classes at the bottom of the screen would operate like Cavalry tiers, then, letting players pick support as the amount of XP they have unlocks new levels, rather than having to spend it.
(31-10-2014, 06:07 PM)Winter link Wrote:The idea I like most, however, is making Support XP be like the Cav bar.  You convert Assist Experience into Support Experience at a set ratio like Cav, Melee, and Ranged XP.  This XP can then contribute towards you level.  The Support Classes at the bottom of the screen would operate like Cavalry tiers, then, letting players pick support as the amount of XP they have unlocks new levels, rather than having to spend it.

Oh that's brilliant.  Would absolutely love to see that working.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

(31-10-2014, 06:22 PM)Sargent Q link Wrote:[quote author=Winter link=topic=34692.msg205363#msg205363 date=1414778861]
The idea I like most, however, is making Support XP be like the Cav bar.  You convert Assist Experience into Support Experience at a set ratio like Cav, Melee, and Ranged XP.  This XP can then contribute towards you level.  The Support Classes at the bottom of the screen would operate like Cavalry tiers, then, letting players pick support as the amount of XP they have unlocks new levels, rather than having to spend it.

Oh that's brilliant.  Would absolutely love to see that working.
[/quote]

Yes yes, very good! I think this is probably the best way to implement my previous suggestion as it adds to your overall level at the same time as your support level. Now we just need to find a good percentage....maybe like 2.00 or something  Wink
(31-10-2014, 06:07 PM)Winter link Wrote:Factions points are earned through quests.  I don't see many players that are less than T3 finishing quests often, especially the more difficult ones, so no support for them.  In fact, I've known many players to stick purely to medicing all the way to T4 because they see other people on the team as more useful shielding/shooting/slashing Nords while they keep them alive.  It seems a bit counterproductive to make quests that require killing Nords be the requirement to get support classes to bring in medic boxes for the people that specifically don't kill many Nords and heal the team instead (argument for healers only).  For Engineers, remember how many high FP reward quests people used to finish at T1, T2, and I guess even T3 if there weren't high level players dropping them good equipment (which would then usually get most of the kills anyways Tongue).

That being said, I do still like the idea to an extent.  If Faction Points could become a sort of alternate currency for leveling support, and thus not removing the ability to level up with assist XP, that would be cool.

Shut up and take my money!
Appareantly I gave most of my loot chance to Fara. Mostly AFG, rise from the ashes from time to time.

Loots:
Shield of Kings - 18.10.2014
Dwarf Axe - 16.01.2017

CC_Wild_Garlic_Pesto
CC_Green_Pesto
CC_RNG_sits_on_my_face

-"Every fart is a gamble now" Bluzark 19.02.2017
We really need to think through the Faction Point system. We have not drawn a conclusion on what to do with them yet, so this idea will be considered when we get to them.