Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Steam Scam/Virus
I don't have any link since this is what I heard from a friend of mine who
accidently opened the file. His Steam account sented the message to everyone
and his registered accounts became unavailable for him. He also received emails
from Gmail that someone tried to access his account and that it got blocked.
DB_BlackWarden - DB_BlackPeltast - DB_BlackKnight - DB_BlackPavise
Alchemist 16 - ArmorSmith 21 - BlackSmith 18 - Alchemist 8
Please Maroon.. Just because you cannot instantly notice what it does, does not mean that there is no further effects.
The mainpurpose of those trojans is usually to open all kinds of backdoors in your system, so that additional malware can infect your PC a lot more easily.
That includes keyloggers etc., so basicly BlackSniper is somewhat accurate, I would at least not use that PC anymore for online banking or basicly anything where real money is involved.

Or just back up your files, wipe the harddrive clean, and reinstall. The usual virus scans are most likely not sufficient, as your entire system (mainly the OS files) should be infected by now (sources: personal experience Tongue).
Alright, thanks for the info, Blacksniper, I was being a bit too snappy there.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
I can understand that after you have been infected ^^
Goodluck with fixing it. I suggest you to reinstall your pc and
remove all saved passwords. After that, change all passwords from the accounts
you had on your pc. Do that with a different pc else the virus can see it again.
Or just take it to your local computer repair shop.  Seriously there are very few Virus's that cannot be removed by a good technician. 

On another note, I think Microsoft got hacked this week, and that is what is causing this I think.  I had a costumer call me, the day I heard about this Virus going around steam,  Saying that he had gotten called from people claiming to be from Microsoft, and saying that he had gotten hacked and needed to let the caller remote in to their system to fix it.  The costumer hung up on them and called me here at the shop about it.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

Good noone want to write virus to infect Linux. Atm I lost  only my steam account but I won't try logging on fake maile as I don't want to spread the virus if I missed something. From my previous experience I think its probably some kind of spyware, maybe bot net.
I hope you didn't use your main pc.
At the moment the only visible effect is on Steam.
(08-11-2014, 11:02 PM)Maroon link Wrote:Alright, thanks for the info, Blacksniper, I was being a bit too snappy there.

You see what half of us replied to you with? Lol. Bot Maroon might not be pleased.
I think this virus will do same things as facebook virus did. Stealing passwords, accounts and same bot-friends spreading system. Both looks pretty familiar to me.
It is. That is why it is so important to
reinstall your pc and change your passwords.