Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

buff ammo crates!
Big ammo crates are very useful on certain maps. If you have 2-3 people spawning in regular ammo boxes per tome/spawn or one person with big ammo crates+ someone with field medic boxes then you can basically cade anywhere you want... I do agree with click that the deployment time should be reduced Smile
Don't suicide yourself. Bradapple 07/01/2015

And last thing im gonna say is dont make my point to another way. - Gandhi
(03-12-2014, 02:53 PM)Elmo link Wrote:Big ammo crates are very useful on certain maps. If you have 2-3 people spawning in regular ammo boxes per tome/spawn or one person with big ammo crates+ someone with field medic boxes then you can basically cade anywhere you want... I do agree with click that the deployment time should be reduced Smile

Your kidding right?  I have never seen 1 player bring one one let alone 2-3.  The crafting cost of big ammo crates are ridiculous for something that can be used 4 times! 
We have one. Winter has one. And I think the VLKA now has one.  That is 3 Big ammo crates in game right there.  And it is a much better idea than it sounds at first.  Try using it before asking for it to be changed.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

While it may not be immediately apparent for most players, Nord Invasion is a game of resource management and tactics.

If you've never seen ammo crates in game, it's because ammo crates are situational items and players often are inept at adapting to the situation. Ammo crates are made redundant if the area you're shielding at already has a refill. This should be obvious to anybody. In situations where this is not the case, they can be indispensable. Take for example Swadian Castle: if I evaluate the situation and see that we have enough SHCs being brought in, I will encourage players who are bringing normal barricades to switch to small ammo crates.

The large ammo crate isn't an item I'd recommend for someone who is poor; it is a luxury item that has specific conditions for map and  team composition. You want to own a short heavy barricade before you look into investing in a large ammo crate because SHCs can be necessary on 100% of the maps while the LAC is rarely a necessity (As an aside, every player should own a short heavy barricade even if they have a barrel and a wall barricade as the flexibility it gives you is invaluable). This does not make it a useless item.

Luxury items like the large ammo crate or the wall barricade increase a teams versatility by allowing players to overcome specific weaknesses in barricade spots.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
(03-12-2014, 07:28 PM)Sargent Q link Wrote: We have one. Winter has one. And I think the VLKA now has one.  That is 3 Big ammo crates in game right there.  And it is a much better idea than it sounds at first.  Try using it before asking for it to be changed.

Winter has 1 of everything :Smile
(03-12-2014, 07:28 PM)Sargent Q link Wrote:We have one. Winter has one. And I think the VLKA now has one.  That is 3 Big ammo crates in game right there.
Ahem.

(03-12-2014, 12:57 PM)The Cid link Wrote:[quote author=Sargent Q link=topic=36019.msg209536#msg209536 date=1417563996]
So you essentially want a regular ammo box that can be brought in?  Like this idea?  http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...96.15.html

Indeed.  Ammo crates currently are a waste of time and waste of mats crafting one, hence why we rarely see one in game.  They need to be made more practical.
[/quote]
The root of the issue is that people are not very team-minded. Big ammo crates are undoubtedly only used on limited maps (e.g. Swadian Castle), but the returns are great. It definitely allows sub-optimal teams to complete maps very quickly due to letting teams camp very closely to spawns, and cover for mistakes by blindly spam healing and surviving when they otherwise should have wiped. I (and others) certainly do not consider this benefit to be a waste of time nor mats. It's only about 1 million to craft anyway.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(03-12-2014, 09:04 PM)The Cid link Wrote:Winter has 1 of everything :Smile

Lies.  I was distraught to learn the other day that I no longer own any Aurora Blades.

Jokes aside, ammo crates are pretty sweet.  That Click guy up there told me that ammo crates are a waste of money not too long ago (right before the release of 0.7.0) and his opinion has clearly changed.  Sure, barricades are often more of a necessity on the majority of maps, but as Click said, "it is a luxury item that has specific conditions for map and team composition."  I personally don't really bring in the ammo crate, as I do view Resurrection Tomes as more useful on most maps, but when I am on an engineer I definitely have one of those ready (especially peltasts... mmmmm, refills during the wave) and I do like to try to get someone else to bring them in when necessary.

I mean, when it comes down to it, we definitely can win on Swadian Castle (and other maps where the refill isn't readily accessible) without any ammo crates at all.  Get two people filled to the brim with Field Medic Boxes and you are more than prepared.  That isn't the point.  The point is that they make runs much easier for people that are willing to invest in them.  If you don't weigh the benefits to be worth the cost, that's fine.  We are all allowed to invest in what we wish (unless you are friends with Xen and he makes you get him things).
(03-12-2014, 10:21 PM)Malong link Wrote:[quote author=Sargent Q link=topic=36019.msg209606#msg209606 date=1417634936]
We have one. Winter has one. And I think the VLKA now has one.  That is 3 Big ammo crates in game right there.
Ahem.
[/quote]

And apparently Malong has one as well.  My mistake.  So that is 4 than.

(03-12-2014, 10:26 PM)Winter link Wrote:(unless you are friends with Xen and he makes you get him things).

hehehehehehehehehe

Total lie of course Wink
[Image: Untitled-1.gif]
"time is money jaja and loot" - Blame
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/5463...6283952FE/

This was on our event this evening.  1 person bringing big ammo crates in.  Started bringing them in on Tyr.  That was how many we had on Thor.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/5463...FD099CE48/

This was them all placed at the beginning of wave 19.  This was 1 person bringing it in.