Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

boycotting hardened metal
this reminds me of that south park episode where they all agree to boycott walmart then they all end up going back anyway
Steam Profile - http://steamcommunity.com/id/ruffenuff

NI Greatest Hits:
(11-12-2014, 04:47 PM)Malong link Wrote:[quote author=Tarrod link=topic=36562.msg210661#msg210661 date=1418308406]
[quote author=Sargent Q link=topic=36562.msg210659#msg210659 date=1418307576]
Gimli,  The drop rate of getting anything by going solo has been nurfed a lot by the patch.  One of the main things behind the patch was to get people playing in full runs more than alone.  Thus the Devs nurfed the drop rate of getting stuff when alone.  On Saturday I soloed for 3 hours just playing the first 4 waves of hard over and over again.  I got a total of 7 Hardened Metal from 3 Hours of soloing.
This is a kind of luck how much stuff you get while kititng. Sure it was nerfed, but the chance is still pretty ok for kiting, just not so high as a reward as it used to be
[/quote]
Quick preface: I didn't kite before the patch, and I don't kite now. The nerf was a bad and unnecessarily indirect way to discouraging kiting. For example, they could have just further decreased the strength of ranged weapons, the armor and absorption of ranged classes (if they are to be glass cannons), the speed and maneuverability of ranged classes, or any of the mix of the previous.

Beyond that, the complaint that solo players received all the rewards from their kills is and was always nonsensical. If any player does all the work and killing, they should have gotten all the rewards from their kills. But for some reason, this logic doesn't carry over to NI, and the borderline envy of the players that were able to handle bots on their own without other players somehow won out.
[/quote]
Sure this makes the most sense on full servers PCK, but then noone would play as a shielder, because they nearly never get the kills, same as medics. Sure this would be more logical than all the afkers getting the loot, but would this system still be fair for those guys keeping the team alive like medics or shielders so that the bots can't melee them. So I think it is a bit hard to make a system which is fair for every single job in this game may be hard
[Image: Tarbs.jpg]
"I wish the germans would have melt the Eiffel Tower and make tanks to kill the french" - not telling
"I ain´t gonna drop my stuff for these guys" - Wambo
"What do you call the german Secret Service? -  SS" - not telling
(12-12-2014, 12:54 PM)Tarrod link Wrote:Sure this makes the most sense on full servers PCK, but then noone would play as a shielder, because they nearly never get the kills, same as medics. Sure this would be more logical than all the afkers getting the loot, but would this system still be fair for those guys keeping the team alive like medics or shielders so that the bots can't melee them. So I think it is a bit hard to make a system which is fair for every single job in this game may be hard
My post wasn't advocating drops only to the person who gets the kill. It was saying (among other things) that the complaints that soloers got too much loot made no sense.

But I have openly suggested that there be a contribution score where a player's lot chance be based on a roll where the odds of success are based on their contribution divided by that of the whole server. It's what MMOs have been doing for over a decade. Speaking as a real life software engineer, it's quite possible to implement.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.