Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

16 sots verses 64, personal opinion...
apparently one of the rules for hosting a server is a 16 player limit, and I, humbly and politely mind you, would like to ask you, the modders and staff, to reconsider or respond.

Last night I played on the tactical carnage server with about 30+ players, no problem. i checked other servers out too, all the U.S. servers were fine (didn't check Eu ones since I wouldn't know how much lag is caused by distance and stuff)

I must say that the 64 slots made a already good mod into an amazing mod. it felt like a real battle, we had shield walls, archers firing volleys, the few cavalry there was delayed significant groups of bots. it was amazing, it was organized, it was the best fun I had on this mod yet.

surely your system could support 2 servers, a Eu and a Us, at 64? if for no other reason then to test your systems?

I know you guys have your reasons, and i honestly don't expect a change. I also know nothing about modding a game like this, so for all i know this could break your set up.

I'm just trying to say, as a player, that this is a good mod but it still isn't the epic war against the nords. the 30 people i played with made it feel like a battle.

sorry if this ticks you off, but i felt i had something good to say here.
Do understand that this is still a growing mod.

At the moment, the team is trying to optimize their database to cater to the high feedback and data transfers from their side. Having a 16 player match is optimal for them, but they have rarely tested a 64 player match. It might be inculded in the future when the database is more efficent at handling data, but in the meantime, there should not be a 64 player match.

Be patient, you'll be surprised at the next patch.
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
I do understand and thanks for responding. I know its working progress, and i'm not looking for a "yes lets do it" or a "shut up and let us work" I'm looking for players opinions, stories, and ideas concerning 16vs64, or on severs population in general.

maybe some people like 16 better, i don't know, i felt i had something to say and i said it as inoffensively as possible.
I applaud you good sir. It did feel more like a battle and it felt so awesome to defeat the great mobs of enemies coming at us. Granted we never got that far since the bots were hard when those skirmishers came... those shields man..

But anyway, it was fun and I would definitely want an increased server limit if possible in the future. If its not possible now then fine but I do think it should be considered later.
(17-12-2011, 07:43 PM)Jez link Wrote: There is currently a reason for the 16 player cap, and this is due to the complex nature by which nordinvasion does its stat tracking. Having the ability for this many players greatly increases the server load on our central database server and can lead to decreased performance for ALL players, despite the game server they are on.

We are always looking at optimisations we can add to increase the player numbers, but currently as the mod stands, there is a 16 player limit for good reasons.

Until they fix the server to adhere to the server guidelines/rules posted it will remain unverified.

There you can read clearly why we are using 16 slot limit.