Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Shield stats, which is better?
Thank you for the replies, alot to consider.
Any of them is good enough to shield Rag with.  Especially on a RG. I shield rag runs with the Resilience without to much trouble on my Legionnaire.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

(28-01-2015, 08:37 AM)Winter link Wrote:Shield resistance is calculated the same way as body armor, meaning that weapons of blunt, pierce, and cut will all have different amounts of armor penetration.  Bonus Against Shields (axes and certain swords in the game with this flag) doubles the damage dealt.

This means the Resilience is not only better for catching arrows because it is larger, but also because it has more HP compared to armor that would take more penetration from the pierce damage of projectiles anyways.  The SSSS and Small Dragon Kite Shield, however, are smaller and have more armor/less HP, meaning they are more effective in straight up melee confrontation with the typical sword or axe wielding enemy.  These differences in durability definitely aren't huge (I believe the last calculations left the two armored ones taking 4 or 5 more hits from cut weapons than the Resilience), but they do exist.

Between the three house crafted shields, I'd say they are similar in longevity, but the SSSS and Small Dragon Kite Shield will last slightly longer, and the Resilience is a bit larger to catch those ranged shots that might hit you at unpleasant times.

Thanks for in-depth explanation. Very useful.  Smile

(28-01-2015, 02:37 PM)Sargent Q link Wrote:Any of them is good enough to shield Rag with.  Especially on a RG. I shield rag runs with the Resilience without to much trouble on my Legionnaire.

Ha, that's down to practical point of view. I was just wondering on that (Legionnaire ability to shield with one of those). Thanks Sargent.