Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

I need help in becoming an RG.
As in the topic. I am kinda begginer, and im close to getting my first hero - RG. I am not too rich (maybe but having archer EQ worth ~1,5mln), and therfore i need some help. What should i do? Should i stay with the marketplace shield and go for some 1h or maybe get sth like Royal Shield or Swadian Resillence ASAP? I dont really feel like being an RG with a Steel Sword...
Also i think about getting Heavy War Hammer or Stone Maul, it is always nice to have a thing like this to use when there are already enough RGs or to drop it for slashers.
Any advice will be really appreciated Smile

BTW, is it true that the better support i bring, the better drops (statistically) i get?
Characters:
BoS_Rumcajs_RG - lvl 52 Royal Guard
BoS_Rumcajs_Warden - lvl 52 Warden
And some other minor

Legendaries: Griffon Bascinet (nice joke btw)
If I can have any opinion on it, shield is essential for RG... The char is designed to be a shielder, isn't it?

[Edit]: some valuable advice from experienced players you can find here as well: http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...86.15.html
Go for shield first, banner guard or something. Is fine until you upgrade. Then go for a good 1 hander before getting a royal/resilience. Get the 2 hander last.

Also yes, the more support you bring [And use], the longer you live and Therefore more drop chances.
Looted A Frying Pan 11/25/14
[Image: tbavTdE.jpg]

I'll start at the bottom. Better support gear does not straight up increase your lootchances, but having good support is pretty much a guarantee for doing decently good as a team in harder modes, which will thus net you better loot.

As for gear, keep in mind that most gear can be pretty much seen as status symbols when you reach t4. You'll upgrade your armor rating or damage, but for a higher and higher price, and the increases are marginal at best. For example. there's little that a Heavy War Hammer can do that an Iron Mace can't.
My point is, a Steel Sword will perhaps make you look somewhat poor in the eyes of some, but it does not make you have a huge disadvantage over richer players.
The only exception to this rule (which counts even more in your case) are shields. More expensive shields are definitely lifesavers compared to cheaper ones. So I suggest investing in at least a Defender Shield, but go for a Royal Shield if you can.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Get Defender shield first.  That usually sells for around 500k.  The crafting cost is about 550k.  Than Get a good support.  If you are Engineer than defiantly get SHC.  If you are Medic get regular meds and work towards field meds.  Than get a Steel cutter, Swadian Heavy Lamellar or striped, and plate mittens. 

The support thing is true in a way, as the more people that have good support, the more likely runs are to succeed, the more likely to get to bots that drop good stuff.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

Just realized there is the other post about exactly same thing.

Well, ill go with the stuff i have right now (Grinder, Steel Sword, SHC) until i save up enough to get the Defender. Then ill go for body armor (SHLA). I will put some cash in my archer too.

Thx anyway guys, really appreciate the help.

BTW, how much is approx. worth all the stuff you mentioned? i mean Steel Cutter, Vengeance, Royal Shield, Aegis, Swadian Resillense (i heard it is better than Aegis) etc?

PS Sargent, i have already starded another char. that will be a Zwei in the future, how much do you want for your Mjölnir? Big Grin
And i also have an Aurora Blade (not mine, sadly) which i can use both as 1 or 2h so i will not look THAT poor Wink
Characters:
And some other minor

Steel cutter/Vengeance is usually about 300k to buy.  Royal shield is about 2 mil to buy.  Aegis and Resilience are about 3 mil buying or crafting.

As for my Mjolnir:  I won't sell for under 50 Mil.  Even if there are things in the trade that i want.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

(27-01-2015, 08:42 PM)Rumcajs link Wrote: (...) And i also have an Aurora Blade (not mine, sadly) which i can use both as 1 or 2h so i will not look THAT poor Wink

Aurora is real nice one as 2H but in general I wouldn't recommend to use any 1.5H as 1H. The downgrade in speed and damage is so huge that they become almost unsuable (I believe -30%, someone confirm or correct plz). So the effect is Steel Sword is much better than Aurora in 1H mode.
I think ill go for the Steel Cutter. But that stuff isn't that important, i need a decent shield first Wink

AFAIK it's 20%... Aurora is then comparable with Stell Sword, you basically trade length for speed Smile
Characters:
And some other minor

Pretty much. Keep in mind, though, that bastard swords use 2 handed wpf, even when used with a shield, and a commando/RG has lower 2 handed wpf than 1 handed wpf. I'd only really recommend using the AB as a one hander as a Zweihander, but it'll do as RG.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."