Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Witch armor the devs put in 1st that if they put it in
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lighter armor
42.31%
11 42.31%
Heavy armor
34.62%
9 34.62%
Both take your time to put them in
23.08%
6 23.08%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

New armor for Legionnaire

No.
[Image: Untitled-1.gif]
"time is money jaja and loot" - Blame
Definetly not slowing, good thread I believe  Wink

Reffering to what's been said by Killer and after (no long quotes this time to avoid getting it page long again):

1. choice of weapons for Legionnaire is fine indeed, though I would correct here that (after update) there is the Swadian Courage dedicated for it and Illustrious semi-dedicated. Knight's Sword not worth a mention. Not that many then, still enough and balanced I believe. Let's not forget there are some nice Commando available 1Hs, too. And throwing weapon choice - just beautiful.

2. As Killer said light armour would be helpful for kiting only but as I expressed before I do not feel any infantry is designed to be a kiter. We have kiting classes and really good ones. In addition, if one is looking for 50+ armour with about 20-25 weight just to be a backup to go light when needed there is the Banded Armour (55 strong, 23 weight, and very cheap). If we are talking about dedicated armour then, for God's sake, it should exel somehow and be a better option than what is already easily available. What Corndog put shortly:
(04-02-2015, 12:23 AM)Corndog link Wrote: (...) About armor i also think it should be light but strong enough for hard and ragnarok. Same stats as trans with different weight and usable only by legionnaire only

3. And for the last suggestion from Woodz that the armour could be 60-64 strong while 15-20 in weight... Well, maybe it's just me but it looks much off-balance. Would have to be called Mithril Armour Wink
My wish to come true would be more or less: Heraldic Trans stats (and heraldic!) + regular Trans cost.
(04-02-2015, 07:25 AM)Bobo link Wrote: Definetly not slowing, good thread I believe  Wink

Reffering to what's been said by Killer and after (no long quotes this time to avoid getting it page long again):

1. choice of weapons for Legionnaire is fine indeed, though I would correct here that (after update) there is the Swadian Courage dedicated for it and Illustrious semi-dedicated. Knight's Sword not worth a mention. Not that many then, still enough and balanced I believe. Let's not forget there are some nice Commando available 1Hs, too. And throwing weapon choice - just beautiful.

2. As Killer said light armour would be helpful for kiting only but as I expressed before I do not feel any infantry is designed to be a kiter. We have kiting classes and really good ones. In addition, if one is looking for 50+ armour with about 20-25 weight just to be a backup to go light when needed there is the Banded Armour (55 strong, 23 weight, and very cheap). If we are talking about dedicated armour then, for God's sake, it should exel somehow and be a better option than what is already easily available. What Corndog put shortly:
[quote author=Corndog link=topic=39211.msg218869#msg218869 date=1423009431]
(...) About armor i also think it should be light but strong enough for hard and ragnarok. Same stats as trans with different weight and usable only by legionnaire only

3. And for the last suggestion from Woodz that the armour could be 60-64 strong while 15-20 in weight... Well, maybe it's just me but it looks much off-balance. Would have to be called Mithril Armour Wink
My wish to come true would be more or less: Heraldic Trans stats (and heraldic!) + regular Trans cost.
[/quote]
Sorry but what did I post at the start that it would be lighter yes thinking about it if Verloren Plate has the weight of 27 and has the same armor as Swadian Half-Plate with the weight of 35 then
The stats of the armor don't need to be as low as I thought so that idk
Stats
Weight22?
Body armor68?
Leg armor 28?

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
Is not Verloren Plate 32 in weight (according to The Complete Guide to Swadian Eq that I think was updated after most recent changes)? NVM that anyway. I see your point.
What came to my mind is that we could make a test if an armour of ca. 25 weight would really help to increase Legionnaire's ability to move well enough to outrun enemies... So I've just purchased Heavy Highlander on AH and will give it a try. Will be back with remarks on that.

[Edit]: well, with 25 weight armour and CTS (and nothing more) Legionnaire is able to easily outrun waves 1-8 on Normal. Will give more info when I will have time to check higher waves.
(04-02-2015, 09:30 AM)Bobo link Wrote: Is not Verloren Plate 32 in weight (according to The Complete Guide to Swadian Eq that I think was updated after most recent changes)? NVM that anyway. I see your point.
What came to my mind is that we could make a test if an armour of ca. 25 weight would really help to increase Legionnaire's ability to move well enough to outrun enemies... So I've just purchased Heavy Highlander on AH and will give it a try. Will be back with remarks on that.
well ye i have Banded Mail Armor it help a lot and that 25 weight so the 22 will help more 

So my set up has been

Sugarloaf Helm
Transitional Armor White,Banded Mail Armor
Swadian Gauntlets
Highlander Boots

Swadian Courage
Small Dragon Kite Shield
Aurora Blade,Pilum

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
If you want to kite on a legionnaire,  Than just use the Red tunic with your normal gauntlets.  I have done it before,  and i have out run most of the nords on hard.  I think the crazed zerks and entranced zerks were the only ones who caught me. 

Legionnaire have the Fine sword from the market place, The knights sword (which is all 3 1 handed hero's) crafted blacksmith,  The Swadian Courage (which is legionnaire only) from attcker house craft,  Ragnar's Wrath (Legionnaire only) drop from king Ragnar,  and the Illustrious (all three hero's) drop from Odin.

Legionnaire excels in 1 handed melee,  The throwing is a support for legionnaire.  If there is going to be armor for legionnaire only, it should enhance the main purpose of legionnaire's.  If you want to be throwing stuff all the time, you went the wrong class.  Pikeman is the class for throwing stuff.

Half-plate weighs 32,  its trans that weighs 35.  and Verloren Plate weighs 27.  The only reason right now to craft it over the half-plate.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

(03-02-2015, 03:50 PM)Maroon link Wrote: If you don't like these discussions, you might as well not take part in them at all, instead of spewing over what others say, Niezdara.
What the role is of one handed classes has always been dubious in NI, considering it doesn't have a clear-cut role in the way NI players play the game. So yeah, opinions on the best way to use such a class will vary.
Personally, I see the Legionnaire as a beefed up Pikeman-Commando hybrid, so in my mind it'd make sense to give the Legionnaire light armor. It becomes the best close quarters class, with some ranged to top it off, and as balance, its special armor isn't as beefy as that of the other Hero classes.
But that's just my 2 cents on the class. I don't have one myself, so I can't really say much about it.

Agreed. Why would such an incredibly offensively strong (not to mention fun) class receive the best defensive bonuses as well?

Im all for custom legionnaire Armor, but at a lighter weight and protection value. Think master heraldic halberdier mail.
Soon Smile