Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

New Launcher Logo Competition!
As soon as an image is created it is copyrighted as far as I know. But unless specifically watermarked or otherwise copyrighted mentioned, it will fall within public domain when it is placed on certain websites and then it can be freely used.

I could be wrong however, wouldn't be the first time.
(09-08-2012, 02:19 AM)Ragnash link Wrote: As soon as an image is created it is copyrighted as far as I know. But unless specifically watermarked or otherwise copyrighted mentioned, it will fall within public domain when it is placed on certain websites and then it can be freely used.

I could be wrong however, wouldn't be the first time.

Things don't just "fall" into the public domain like that just because someone else used it or posted it to some site. Otherwise, the DCMA wouldn't exist and YouTube would haven't to scan for copyright materials. Only the original creator can release the copyright or change the terms. For example, if you pay a photographer to take photos, the photographer actually owns the rights to them. If you post those photos without obtaining the rights, you are violating copyright law. Things also enter the public domain 75 years after original creator's death (it used to be 20 years after creation, and companies like Disney changed it and now are trying to push it to 120 years). Now since NI is a community mod (barring donations which hopefully only go to running servers), it's probably not a big deal either....but better to keep clean of it.

Edit: I should add, not a lawyer...but I've looked into copyright stuff a lot.
House Thalheimer: Galen (Legionnaire), Wilhelm (Warden), Johann (Chosen Marksmen), Friedrich (Master Peltast) [Engineers]
Crafting: Blacksmith Max, Armorsmith Max, Alchemy Max, Support 22, Defender 14
NI House: The Order of Scarlet Blade Scarlet Knights
NI Banners - NI Banner Prototypes

Some nice works, keep going.. I want MORE!
Yeah some really good work there guys. Keep them coming.
"And it goes a little something like this..."
To sidestep any usage/rights issues, I just drew this up. I've included two different versions, and if it ends up being used, I can strip the text out easily.

"Many people die at twenty five and aren't buried until they are seventy five."
-Benjamin Franklin
Couldnt upload as bmp, seems like the most upload services transform them in jpeg.
But ive got the bmp and the psd files if it will be needed.

| We’re part of a story, part of a tale, sometimes beautiful, sometimes insane. |
Ok here are mine. I took some screenies in-game. The others were off internet. Also one is too small, but I thought it looked good so I threw it in ( hope thats not an inconvenience ). All of them are BMP files.

These are the numbered pictures.

These are the blank pictures.

EDIT : OOPS Forgot some in my pictures. There are now new ones in here.
[Image: gQUGcYN.gif?1]
One more day before the competition closes!! Get your submissions in quick!
"And it goes a little something like this..."
(13-08-2012, 01:07 PM)MrGuarnere link Wrote: One more day before the competition closes!! Get your submissions in quick!

So we have time till midnight?
"Deer": i want to go to sleep, but i might wake up and not have a house anymore
"Deer": and CC would have grown
"Deer": i wish people would pay me to do things i dont know how to do