Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Current Loadout+ Suggestions
Hi, I just want some advice on what to get next, currently this is what I got for my commando:

Great Helm
Striped Armor
Iron Greaves
Hourglass Gauntlets

Steel Sword
Swadian Kite Shield
Boarding Axe

Medic Box

What would be the next cheapest shield, and should I get a helm or the shield first.
Currently, I don't have spending cash [5k between my chars]

Edit: Updated Gauntlets, fixed boots [put wrong ones]
Looted A Frying Pan 11/25/14
[Image: tbavTdE.jpg]

If you decide to go Royal guard (if you are not one already) then i would suggest getting either the Defender shield or the either of the Teutonic shields.. they go for around 500k but they will obviously cost more if you decide to craft Smile

And for helms you have a few options to choose from;
- Pigface Klapvisor
- Sugarloaf Helm
- Hornskull (Plz no)
- Visored Salet

These maybe go for around 400k?

However if you feel that these helms are out of your price range then i would strongly suggest getting a grinder helm, 60 head armour is plenty  (the 400k helms are only 3 more head armour) plus the grinder is a lot cheaper.

-Hope this helped Smile
Don't suicide yourself. Bradapple 07/01/2015

And last thing im gonna say is dont make my point to another way. - Gandhi
Ok thanks for the advice, I plan on going legionaire though. Anyway any good commando shields after sks besides for the rg ones, as I don't want to get a equipment less hero, I rather have the gear first.

Either the Royal, Swad Resilience, Swadian Studded Steel Shield (SSSS) and the Small dragon kite shield.

They are much more expensive, 2.5 - 3m? depends who the seller is Smile
Don't suicide yourself. Bradapple 07/01/2015

And last thing im gonna say is dont make my point to another way. - Gandhi
To add a bit from myself:

1. yes, Elmo is right, 63 strong Commando helmets sell at 400 - 425 k. Was looking for one in the last week and received multiple offers in that price range.
2. As for shields prices, Royals typically sell at 2.0 m, the others like 2.5 m and a bit more, like Elmo said.
3. To get a shield could be a good idea. I have Legionnaire as well and it often happens to me to shield for the team, if there is no RG present (or only 1 in case 2 shielders needed). As I purchased Royal recently, it happens quite often that I can help the team giving it to the RG who's shielding (not every RG already has Aegis...). So, a reasonable shield can often help.
4. As you plan to become Legio, did you consider getting yourself decent throwables? CTS sell at 1.1 - 1.4 m, VHTA ca. 2.0 m (had like 4 offers with that prices some 3 week ago). Can't say the price for Pillums... To add an note here, VHTA provide an important advantage as can be used as a strong 1H. So you hold 3 stacks of them and a shield (I often run out of CTS during a wave, when holding 2 stacks of them) and you also spare the money you need to pay for a reasonable 1H (Legio is designed to be 1H fighter).
5. You wrote nothing about gauntlets you have. Ppl often forget that changing gauntlets can provide body armour upgrade at a low cost. E.g. changing from Striped Armour to Trans would cost you like 1.3 m, while you can get +2 body armour upgrade just by getting Mail Mittens for less than 100k...
6. And last - steel sword is no good. It's not strong enough and it's too long that often makes one to slash from overhead in narrow places or in presence of enemy crowd. Best upgrade I ever made on my inf was changing the Steel Sword to Vengeance. Steel Cutter is a worthy replacement as well. They both usually sell at ca. 400 - 450k. As those weapons are highly popular among Commandos you will have no problems to sell one in case you decide for further upgrade (Head Crusher, Swadian Courage and later perhaps DWP, Illustrious).
(08-02-2015, 08:06 AM)Bobo link Wrote:To add a bit from myself:

1. yes, Elmo is right, 63 strong Commando helmets sell at 400 - 425 k. Was looking for one in the last week and received multiple offers in that price range.
2. As for shields prices, Royals typically sell at 2.0 m, the others like 2.5 m and a bit more, like Elmo said.
3. To get a shield could be a good idea. I have Legionnaire as well and it often happens to me to shield for the team, if there is no RG present (or only 1 in case 2 shielders needed). As I purchased Royal recently, it happens quite often that I can help the team giving it to the RG who's shielding (not every RG already has Aegis...). So, a reasonable shield can often help.
4. As you plan to become Legio, did you consider getting yourself decent throwables? CTS sell at 1.1 - 1.4 m, VHTA ca. 2.0 m (had like 4 offers with that prices some 3 week ago). Can't say the price for Pillums... To add an note here, VHTA provide an important advantage as can be used as a strong 1H. So you hold 3 stacks of them and a shield (I often run out of CTS during a wave, when holding 2 stacks of them) and you also spare the money you need to pay for a reasonable 1H (Legio is designed to be 1H fighter).
5. You wrote nothing about gauntlets you have. Ppl often forget that changing gauntlets can provide body armour upgrade at a low cost. E.g. changing from Striped Armour to Trans would cost you like 1.3 m, while you can get +2 body armour upgrade just by getting Mail Mittens for less than 100k...
6. And last - steel sword is no good. It's not strong enough and it's too long that often makes one to slash from overhead in narrow places or in presence of enemy crowd. Best upgrade I ever made on my inf was changing the Steel Sword to Vengeance. Steel Cutter is a worthy replacement as well. They both usually sell at ca. 400 - 450k. As those weapons are highly popular among Commandos you will have no problems to sell one in case you decide for further upgrade (Head Crusher, Swadian Courage and later perhaps DWP, Illustrious).

Thanks for the long but helpful wall of text. Im using hourglass gauntlets right now.
About legionaire, I don't plan on getting any throwable a yet as I only plan to get legion once I fully gear out to the [near] max my char, so that he's already all equipped once he hits hero. So I'm sticking with the base commando gear right now. I am using a steel sword as the situations I use it are in normal, when I'm in hard I heal or slash with the axe, I might go get a steel cutter soon though, I just dislike the short length a bit. Finnaly right now I don't think I'm getting a grinder helm is as its a minimal change from the great helm and I rather wait to get a bonus of +7 head than go grinder, spend money, and eventually in the long run upgrade again  spending even more for only +3. Anyway once again thanks for the input

You're welcome. Always a pleasure  Big Grin
A good loadout for a commando I think would be as follows;
Head Armor: Visored Sallet (400k) or Swadian Helmet (1.7 Mill?)
Body Armor: Trans (1.7 Mill)
Hand Armor: Defender Gauntlets (1.5 Mill) or Studded Gauntlets (6-10 Mill)
Leg Armor: Doesnt really matter that much iron greaves are good but if you want there are Swadian Boots for around 500k
Weapon Slot 1: Steel Cutter (400k) or Vengeance (400k) or Head Crusher (1 Mill) or the house craftable commando swords for about 2 mill each
Weapon Slot 2: Royal Shield (2 Mill) or SSSS (2.5-3 Mill) or Swadian Resilience (2.5-3 Mill) or Small Dragon Kite Shield (2.5-3 Mill)
Weapon Slot 3: Heavy War Hammer (2.3-2.5 Mill) or Stone Maul (5 Mill?)
Support: Resurrection Tome (6-8 Mill?) and/or Master Surgeons Kits (3 Mill?) or Field Medic Kits (1 Mill?)

Usually if you want to be of the most help to a team and to get into events and stuff like that you want to be a team player so that would mean you would want to max out your support before most other stuff and if you are going to go for the best stuff before hero class I would also suggest going hybrid class with Crossbowman so you end up with t4 commando and t2 crossbowman at level 52 (respec when you want to go hero class) and you will have 8 shielding if i recall which will be just like if you were an legionnaire or zweihander shielding
AFG

[thanks for input] Field medi is only a million? Well, I'll be getting that first since I find medi kits insufficient for anything unless I stack them in 3 slots. Forget any other gear for now.

Also about the hybrid, yes that might be a good idea since I have no where nearly enough gold to both equip and buy hero at once. Thanks for the suggestion.

Field Meds cost 1 Ink of life and not much else.  about 1.7 Mil actually. 

My own opinion is that legionnaire's really shouldn't try and craft one of the one handers unless you don't want to throw like at all.  VHTA's are excellent in melee and ranged for legionnaire's.  I used VHTA until I looted Ragnar's wrath.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q