Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Removing unusable scenes?
Hey Community,
As you know now, hope you know guys, otherwise I will beat you, NI are using my services to remake and develop some new maps. And  I'm glad for that!
That's not the main subject I would like to share with you. Sometimes, my eyes are suffer from unusable and wasted maps slots. So why not establish a "deleting maps list " ?
With the agreement of the whole community of course.

Don't forgot that NI maps list is rising over time with releases. We have to make some choices.

Share me your comments about that idea.
Could be a bad one... or not.

Thanks for reading.

Bye
Λℓphα
NI maps (The forgotten bay Nordic Fortress / Frosthaven / Medieval fields / River's conflict / Swadian Mines )
Er, I think I'm missing the point here, since I have zero experience in mapping. Are you saying there's a limited amount of maps NI can use, and you feel some of the bad ones should be removed?
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
There is no limited amount of maps. But yes. I guess it should be interesting remove unusuable maps. In order to get a shorter rotation maps list for example.

In fact i'm thinking about one or two. But this is my own opignon.
NI maps (The forgotten bay Nordic Fortress / Frosthaven / Medieval fields / River's conflict / Swadian Mines )
I vote for removing or update mountain pass because nobody plays on this  :Smile
(05-03-2015, 11:56 AM)Yoruichii link Wrote: I vote for removing or update mountain pass because nobody plays on this  :Smile
The same applies for Caravan Ambush  :-\
Those maps are pretty fun In my opinion, I see no reason to remove those but an update is good, for caravan make the road longer and more clear in some areas and set up some more overturned wagons. The one I DO vote on removal though is fortress outskirts, it's tiny and only makes use of the main version of the map.
Looted A Frying Pan 11/25/14
[Image: tbavTdE.jpg]

(05-03-2015, 04:45 PM)Looter link Wrote: Those maps are pretty fun In my opinion, I see no reason to remove those but an update is good, for caravan make the road longer and more clear in some areas and set up some more overturned wagons. The one I DO vote on removal though is fortress outskirts, it's tiny and only makes use of the main version of the map.

I agree with you. I can't do anything on this map. The first one is enought. I really don't know why they make an another map only with the outside area. Beside, Yalen retreat can replace this map now.

For my part I was thinking about swadian_hamlet. What about that map?
Fortress Outskirts is fine.  Only issue that i have with it is how far the Shield repair is from the cading area.  It's good for a small team.  They made it back when Fortress under siege was moved there.  When they moved it back they just kept that spot as a different map.

The issue with mountain pass is all the fog.  its quite hard for our ranged to hit them but their ranged can sniper us from their spawn.

Hamlet and Ambush just require different thinking.  For example on hamlet I usually wall right across the from of the base and shield there.  Killed Ragnar plenty of times doing that. 

Ambush we have caded in front of the cave and killed Odin there.  Takes a lot of platforms for the ranged to be effective though.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

(05-03-2015, 05:10 PM)Sargent Q link Wrote: Fortress Outskirts is fine.  Only issue that i have with it is how far the Shield repair is from the cading area.  It's good for a small team.  They made it back when Fortress under siege was moved there.  When they moved it back they just kept that spot as a different map.

The issue with mountain pass is all the fog.  its quite hard for our ranged to hit them but their ranged can sniper us from their spawn.

Hamlet and Ambush just require different thinking.  For example on hamlet I usually wall right across the from of the base and shield there.  Killed Ragnar plenty of times doing that. 

Ambush we have caded in front of the cave and killed Odin there.  Takes a lot of platforms for the ranged to be effective though.

Outskirt is not done very well. The aera is too close the borders of the map. We aren't able to expand and implement new scenes props in order to remake it. There is a lack of details and the background is missing. Just sad hills where bots are incoming.

I don't think that mountain pass is a bad map because the map idea is very cool and promising. We will always able to make some modifications on it. I'm thinking about a rotation of the cading area for example.

For my part, there is no more possible thinking of remake for Hamlet. Suggestions are welcome..
I'm planning to make some changements on Caravan Ambush, When i can find some time.

Sry for my english expression. Hope that you understood my opignon.

Alpha.
My thoughts: I think there should be more scenes rather than less, so I would not support removing any scenes except for Fortress Outskirts as they add variety when playing the mod.

Mountain pass I like, and it is unique compared to to other scenes
Swadian Bay (I think that is the name?) I would propose for removing if something needs to be removed, there is already a port scene in Port Assault, and Port Assault is much better to play on.
Swadian Hamlet is unmemorable, I can't even place the name with the scene in my mind.
Fortress Outskirts I would want removed for the simple reason that it is already included in another scene. I also generally do not enjoy playing on it.
Caravan Ambush I would propose for removing if something needs to be removed, or remade entirely with the same general concept.

I also think that as scenes are removed, some should be added such as this one: http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...513.0.html

Edit: Or this one http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...794.0.html