Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

The problem with death
I've been playing a few games recently where one player is left alive yet gets called to die so the rest of the team can respawn.

This typically happens when the remaining player is a fast moving crossbow man or archer, they run around in loops confusing the AI and with a jumping spin gain a headshot then repeat ad infinitum.

Now the problem as I see it is that it's not interesting viewing to sit watching this guy running round, they'll claim they're still earning XP, but they're earning it slower than if the team was alive and they could stand and shoot, and gain assist XP from other people around them killing.

It's a viable tactic however that I imagine is because of the AI and this would have to be tweaked, but the problem could also be that it's the only way to combat the Nords when you're the last one left.

Imagine an Infantry man in the same situation, there really is nothing they can do unless they get lucky with a two-hander and out swing the enemy, or are at least heavily armoured, that takes time and gold however, a crossbowman and archer can survive this threat almost immediately.

I'm not sure what the solution should be, but I'd like to hear what other people think and see if there is something that can be done, or maybe something to make being dead and spectating more interesting, when you know you'll be dead for a long time.
Well, there are no real written rules about this, but this has been my experience:

1. If the living player is making an active effort to kill the Nords, then they are not at fault.
2. If they are not, and are just delaying the game, they will be kicked.
3. Dead people who rudely spam "die" to a living player in situation #1 will be kicked.

(13-08-2012, 06:59 PM)Huscarlton_Banks link Wrote:Well, there are no real written rules about this, but this has been my experience:

1. If the living player is making an active effort to kill the Nords, then they are not at fault.
2. If they are not, and are just delaying the game, they will be kicked.
3. Dead people who rudely spam "die" to a living player in situation #1 will be kicked.

This is true. Personally I have been in situation 1 many times with situation 3 going on at the same time = really annoying.

I don't know how long you've been around, blaiz, but picture if you will, a wiiide open beach with a cav running around in circles on it. Or even an archer in the same situation. You have nothing to complain about.
Start the game already!
Peronally I think it is down to manners and consideration of the survivng player and the wave they are on.
If it is a respawn wave and the player may possibly do it or just attempt it for the chance, then what the hey.  Good luck to them.
On the other hand, if there are loads of waves untill respawn, then I would consider it polite to die in a blaze of glory.

There is the third option of course, and one I miss the Cav for, and that is if I need a piss and a cup of coffee its nice to have the time  while somebody trots around the map for a bit. Big Grin

As far as a solution is concerned... pass.  At the moment I have not been in a game where a single survivor has had a life expectency longer than a moth in a blast furnace so I have not considered it an issue.
(13-08-2012, 09:41 PM)Sparhawk link Wrote:I don't know how long you've been around, blaiz, but picture if you will, a wiiide open beach with a cav running around in circles on it. Or even an archer in the same situation. You have nothing to complain about.

Ahhhh those were the glory days of old.
YunYun "I would do a lot of things to your face"
Yuri "Yes, Yes! Use me!
Takeo  "hey hey, I'm man on trust"
Diamond "I'm not an idiot!"
Hande "it makes you to be my.. son ?"
Kip "Mmm, I love unbuilt cades on stairs"
Rammy "Pls"
Deer https://i.imgur.com/Kj0lb8N.png
Tarrod "should I show you my biceps or wat"
This kind of thing seems to only happen in lower level games, where everyone wipes on the early waves and a few players are left who are high level enough to handle everything through respawn. If you're in an okay game, being the only one left means your run just failed and there is no chance of survival. Chances are, you're already past last respawn (wave 16 pikeman + commander).
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
know this too Wink
Loots:
?.?.12 - Wormbane
4.6.18 - Penetrator

[Image: 76561198058198743.png]
(13-08-2012, 09:41 PM)Sparhawk link Wrote:I don't know how long you've been around, blaiz, but picture if you will, a wiiide open beach with a cav running around in circles on it. Or even an archer in the same situation. You have nothing to complain about.

Haha I can relate to this a lot, though i would die if it was not a boss wave or ask if anybody wanted me to suicide then. Not sure bout other people but if I knew I was gonna be dead for awhile I would just watch movies and leave the game in windowed mode.
Use common sense ... pretty simple.

If you can handle the rest of the nords and it's a respawn round, well do it, because no one wants to start over (specially at higher waves).

But if it isn't a respawn wave ,chances are you won't make it next wave. The only except I'd be okay with, if it's the wave just before respawn, and the guy really wants to try to kill the respawn wave boss (Captain,Warlord,Commander) to get the possible drop. Outside of that, I doubt it'd be enough patient to check one guy soloing 2-3 waves until I respawn.

Like I said, common sense.

I usually suicide if I know I can't handle the next wave (usually on a full server,  even a maxed out player can't solo basic waves...)
(11-09-2012, 03:17 AM)_Sphinx_ link Wrote:(usually on a full server,  even a maxed out player can't solo basic waves...)

Do not underestimate the power of an archer Smile
Striker strikes again.